Vero4K Crashes

Good idea.
Another thought is to setup transmission and overload the CPUs.

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s transmission (at least in my case) because it crashes even when I stop it.

Do you want me to send back the device? How do I proceed? ^^

Yes, send it back.
Contact sales@osmc.tv

Just did, thanks a lot!

Did you get a chance to try one of your friendā€™s power supplies? Do you know if theyā€™re running Transmission?

So far it seems that all affected users seem to run Transmission on the device. Was this installed via our App Store?

Sam

I tried the power supply and it didnā€™t change a thing (I had even stopped transmission while using the other PSU)
Both of the other Vero4K are also running transmission and have no issues.

Yes, I installed it from My OSMC.

As you asked, Iā€™ll install February build tonight, Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Arthur,

Can you also try inspect the local filesystems on the Vero4K.
command-line:
df

In case transmission has generated large log files (or swap files) which might
be clogging up the system.

thanks

Will do as well!

Hi guys, I didnā€™t take the time to try anything yesterday, I will tonight. Iā€™ll keep you posted

df gave the following result:

Filesystem		1K-blocks		Used	Available	Use%	Mounted on
/dev/vero-nand/root	14616956		3744088	10107328	28%		/
devtmpfs                823028         0     823028   0% /dev
tmpfs                   926936     16928     910008   2% /run
tmpfs                   926936         0     926936   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                     5120         0       5120   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                   926936         0     926936   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                   185388         0     185388   0% /run/user/1000
//192.168.1.29/OSMC 1941348672 656391104 1284957568  34% /home/osmc/Drive

Which looks ok to my untrained eyes

I agree. Nothing overloaded there.

When you were using transmission, were you downloading to the local file system on the Vero4k, or to the mounted file systemā€¦?

The mounted one

Arthur,

All I can suggest is to return it for a replacement.

The problem may have been triggered initially by high io with transmission. But if it was only a software issue, then a reinstall should have resolved that.

Other users are using Vero4k with Feb/March versions of OSMC, and your friends are also using transmission. So I think thereā€™s an issue (i.e. overheating) with your device.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Iā€™ll do that, thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

Hi guys,

So I wanted to let you know, ever since I moved the vero from my girlfriendā€™s to my place, it does not seem to crash anymore.

As the screen from my place is brand new and her screen is pretty old, Iā€™ve been wondering if the issue could have something to do with CEC.

Itā€™s been running for almost two weeks now.

Arthur

Hi Arthur

Thanks for letting me know. Letā€™s keep an eye on things

Cheers

Sam

Hi Arthur,

Great to hearā€¦!

Best regards,
Niall.

Recived back and replaced psu, now seems working good! Tnx @sam_nazarko forthe support, for other news I will update the post!

1 Like

Of all the Vero 4K we have shipped, I have only received three back as faulty so far. It turned out that all three had faulty / borderline power supplies and the devices themselves did not have any issues.

While we test each device before sending it out, weā€™re not able to test each power supply, so sometimes a bad one can slip through.

Iā€™m glad things are working as expected for you now.

1 Like

Hi, my vero4k is overheating constantly. Could be a transmission problem, or maybe Quasar is causing it?