Vero4k only decodes 8bit with 10bit 4K HEVC material

Hi Sam,

received the Vero 4k today. Many thanks…

Works great so far, but i can confirm that it only decodes 8bit with 10bit 4K HEVC material. All other went fine…

Do you have an idea, how to solve this issue… do i have to make further settings?

My setup so far: JVC X7000 and a Yamaha CX a5100 preAmp.

Keep on the great work & BR
Peter

Hi Peter

Are you saying that you’re unable to play back (decode) any 10-bit material?

If so, kindly start a new thread with a debug log and if possible, a sample clip and I’ll look in to this. 10-bit playback is working (as per my testing).

Sam

Hi Sam,

it all plays fine, but 10bit 4K HEVC will be shown with only 8bit color depth… Any Idea how to fix?

Many thanks and BR
Peter

It would be interesting to know what your TV reports as supported. Can you run:

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid

and paste the output

Sam

@Sam:

For sure, all my devices are capable of 10bit HDR 4K content. All of this files shows a “HDR 10bit” Signal. Only Vero 4K shows “HDR 8bit”… It would be perfect to solve this issue; maybe i have to check some settings? Or could you solve within the next Firm?

Thanks & BR
Peter

I wish i could see HDR come up anywhere at this point :slight_smile:

Hi

If you can dump your EDID here (instructions posted above), I’ll take a look at things.
Alternatively you can grab all logs via My OSMC → Logs and send me the URL.

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam:

i tried several Settings, but all HEVC 10bit 4K files are played only with 8bit color depth on the Vero 4K. The same Content Files played correctly with 10bit on a Samsung UBD K-8500 UHD Player via LAN/ USB.

It seems that Vero 4K (OSMC/ Debian) needs to be added “Deep Colour” mode support detection, Deep Colour switch and proper display mode handling. What do you think about?

Thanks and BR
Peter

I think it makes sense to check what capabilities your TV is advertising first

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

Thanks! Where do i have to put in the commandline? On Vero 4k?

Just directly after you access it with SSH or locally.
Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC

Check this out: Vero - OSMC

@Sam:

OK, here is the Command Line Output about the Display Capabilities via SSH on Vero 4K:

480p60hz
576p50hz
720p60hz
1080i60hz
1080p60hz
720p50hz
1080i50hz*
1080p50hz
1080p24hz
2160p30hz
2160p25hz
2160p24hz
smpte24hz
smpte25hz
smpte30hz
smpte50hz
smpte60hz
smpte50hz420
smpte60hz420
2160p50hz
2160p60hz
2160p50hz420
2160p60hz420

Thanks in advance + BR
Peter

@sam_nazarko @fzinken Could you please split this discussion in a separate thread? This one is meant for feedback only, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

@TheHacker66 question is where the discussion started :wink:

I think this is the beginning post: Vero 4K General Discussion - #235

You should be able to move all related posts to a new topic :wink:

I don’t want to be nosy, it’s just that i have been a moderator in a few forums and I still act like one :smiley:

Tried my best

I seem to have the opposite issue where 10-bit 4k material is displayed in 10-bit despite my TV not supporting it…

Hi,

that is crazy, indeed…

Any idea, Sam?

Thanks for feedback and all the great work!

BR
Peter

Whoops – getting a bit confused with the cross-posting.

Does

echo 2160p60hz420 | sudo tee /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_mode during playback fix the colours?

Sam