Video Stutter, when switching between files

strange, as i turned it off

https://paste.osmc.tv/ezagudetax

i stopped all updates before trying to play either file, and no updates running after, still same

Many thx, so you see video stutter between these 13 seconds

2023-01-11 20:35:19.452 T:2943     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: /mnt/NAS-Media/TV Shows/Naked and Afraid XL/Season 6/Naked and Afraid XL

and

2023-01-11 20:35:32.626 T:2943     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()

@graham Is there anything unusual visible in the kernel logs in this time interval?

unsure what 13 seconds you mean

but its certain files when going from one to other, but in reverse order its fine

So I can play House of dragon in this case, from 5 seconds or to near end, then when i play naked and affraid, it will stutter all way in, obviously after 30secs to a minute i realise, so stop it and play it then its fine

It happened before with a 4k file and going to a 1080, different tv shows, but was each time I played them in that order

Just to be sure and and understand your issue: In the active logs

• you started

2023-01-11 20:35:03.373 T:2943     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: /mnt/NAS-Media/TV Shows/House of the Dragon/Season 1/House of the Dragon - S01E08

• started/switched to the next video

2023-01-11 20:35:19.452 T:2943     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: /mnt/NAS-Media/TV Shows/Naked and Afraid XL/Season 6/Naked and Afraid XL

• which was stopped/ended

2023-01-11 20:35:32.626 T:2943     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()

• and last mediacenter log entry from the point of time when the logs were taken was

2023-01-11 20:35:34.796 T:3102    DEBUG <CWebserver[80]>: request received for /jsonrpc?TVShow

Following your description you see stuttering video when you start the second video, right?

yeah played that file

yeah then switched to next file, which which stuttering, the audio is fine, but the video looks like its missing frames

I then stopped the video and created the log

if i then open the same file again it doesnt have the jittery video, and its back to normal

1 Like

Tried my very best to reproduce the issue (using a NAS Synology ds214se) with the kodi webserver … but I was not successful.
Well, main difference is that I’m using a development stage with latest greatest but possible unstable version.
If you’re interested to try this at your own risk, let us know.

BTW:: Please, remove the line

deb http://apt.osmc.tv videoimprovevero49 main

from the file /etc/apt/sources.list, thx.

cheers dont fancy anything too unstable i use it all time to watch tv

strange u cant reproduce, it happened on old NAS too (not too long ago), so its not just new NAS

Which Kodi webserver did you use, see i used to use Chronus, but had to change to Chornus2 as some features no longer worked on old one

Just tried same files on usb stick, same issue, stuttery, can pause/ play and still same, stop and play and its fine

Would be an interesting test to see if your problem also happens if you an App that’s ie the interface e.g. use Yatse

Installed Yatse and it works fine, so just seems to be web interface that affects it :confused:

I used Chorus2, http, port 80, no authentication, no ssl and OSMC skin.

So strange it works on yours, i do have Authentification on, but as Yatse works with same details. I really cant understand why its different, its as if its opening the file differently or not stopping previous.

Maybe its time for a fresh install :frowning:

Just found something wrong in your config but I’m not confident this has to do with your issue:

Under settings->system->audio you configured the audio channels as

Number of channels: 2.1 ===> Default: 2.0

means 3 channel config, left+right+sub.

But your connected Samsung TV reports to be only able to do

PCM, 2 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz, 16/20/24 bit

So, I suggest to correct this audio setting to number of channels = 2.0.

Odd. As TV has soundbar and sub at side

This repository shouldn’t be unstable – it will be released next Sunday as a stable update as is.

Sam

1 Like

So, is the Vero connected to your TV or the soundbar? Nevertheless, this device reports to by able to process 2 channel PCM, only.
Well, as I said I assume this is a sideshow to your real issue.

vero 4k hdmi to tv
tv to soundbar with hdmi (arc), then soundbar to xbox

Well, it is as it is: The TV tells the Vero that it is only capable to process 2 channel PCM. So, don’t try to give it other sound formats, then.

changed it to 2.0, still same

I probs changed it when i got it, as subs definetly on and working. no idea why it wouldnt take 2.1 input but there nothing in sound options to change just says PCM or bitstream

It’s not problem of your soundbar but the TV: Look at your TV manual since the TV has to forward the audio signal to the soundbar, then. Perhaps, there is a HDMI port of your TV which has more audio caps than simple PCM 2.0.

Yeah the HDMI(1) has Arc and game play, rest are just normal.

Dont really want Vero plugged into soundbar as its annoying to have to select on soundbar to use the HDMI passthrough