Video suddenly stops after few minutes

I’ve kodi 18 running on a RPI3.
My library is located on a remote drive shared via nfs.
My kodi configuration is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
	<cache>
		<memorysize>120000000</memorysize>
		<buffermode>4</buffermode>
		<readfactor>4.0</readfactor>
	</cache>
	<forcedswaptime>5000</forcedswaptime>
	<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

After playing a movie for few minutes (10-15) the image freezes and I get the following errors: 2021-04-23 21:20:11.128 T:1495027936 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1495027936 term - Pastebin.com

I’ve tried lots of stuff:

• Changing from a RPi3 to another: same thing
  • Changing the sdcard with a new one: same thing
  • Using a hard drive instead of a sdcard: same thing
  • Having the movie locally: same thing
  • Re-encode the movie (x264/x265/HEVC/AVC…)

I’m kind of out of solution here.
Do you have any idea of why I get this?

Thank you in advance

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Here it is
https://paste.osmc.tv/suzuxejaqo

2021-04-24 19:28:58.930 T:1500315872   ERROR: ffmpeg[596D00E0]: [matroska,webm] Read error at pos. 78740022 (0x4b17a36)
2021-04-24 19:28:58.931 T:1431920864    INFO: CFileCache::Process - Source read didn't return any data! Hit eof(?)

Can you upload a sample of the file so that we know the file is not broken.

In your current logs I only see H.265 files being played which may be to “heavy” for the Pi. Best to check if H.264 also show the issue (you wrote so in your thread but could see it in the logs).

I found the reason of the problem (for now):
I was using the nfs feature in kodi. Did a hard mount in the /etc/fstab and until now, no problem…
I’ll keep you in touch if this happens again…

That’s a bit strange

1 Like