Wake on Lan after latest update

Hi,

Getting a Wake on Lan and then an Extended wake on Lan after the latest update for Vero 4K.
Which delays the playing of videos significantly.

Synology NAS, very fast network, never had any network issues previously.

Also, when stopping a film, it is sometimes going to a black screen for 30 seconds.

Build 21.1

Log: https://paste.osmc.tv/uligusahus

Any advice to fix appreciated, or… if that’s not possible, what is the easiest way to downgrade to one of the recent backups that I have?

Thanks,

Hi,

Does the issue still occur if you disconnect from the wifi?

Suspect vero may be favouring wifi over the wired connection.

Regards Tom.

Hi Tom,

Thank you.

I disconnected the wifi and did a reboot, and it was responsive and playing promptly to start with.

However, when left on the home screen for 10 minutes, and I hit play again… back to having the wake on lan and extended wake on lan delay.

Appreciate the quick advice.

Hi,

Apologies looks like this may be a known issue and being looked into:-

Regards Tom.

I still can’t see how the original implementation could have worked as there wouldn’t be the correct socket permissions.

But someone did post a workaround and I can see how that would have worked. I think Kodi just waits for longer now when trying to WoL.

Unfortunately there was a bit of reluctance testing a proper solution there, but I do plan to resolve this properly.

I’ve got a Vero 4k and have the same problem, since last update my WoL is broken. When I start a film , always try to WoL the NAS ( some times is boot and isn’t detected

Unfortunately I don’t have enough information to proceed with this further at this time.