Wake Server automatically

This was working great on my old V1 Rpi running Raspbmc but with the Vero I get an error that says Mac Discovery failed. I currently have my files stored on a drive in a windows computer and shared by SMB. I can send a WOL packet in other ways to wake the computer, but it’s much better if Kodi will do it automatically. Can someone help me figure out how to get this fixed?

From looking here http://kodi.wiki/view/Wake_on_lan
I’m wondering if I create and add the wakeonlan.xml file manually if it will work.

That should work (Ned is pretty good with keeping the Wiki accurate and up to date).

Alternatively I am sure there will be a plugin that can do this.

Sam

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work. I suspect it may have to do with my sever being specified by name instead of ip address, although according to the wiki that was suppose to be fixed in version 14. Adding the xml file does seem to make it attempt to wake it up, but nothing happens. I’ll try few more things and see if I can figure it out.

I think I have it working now. I tried a different port setting and it seems to have woken up my computer. I will test later to be sure. Bed time now.