Weird problems since last update

I tend to keep the pi updated as soon as the UI tells me there’s an update.

Since the last update the web interface isn’t responsive (it loads the initial page but nothing else works, not even the remote) Yatse on Android and XBMC remote for ipad don’t work properly (the remote controls work but I can’t list films/shows). Clicking “My OSMC” results in “OSMC Settings service failed to launch”.

On the Main UI, “recent movies” and “recent shows” is blank. On startup it defaults to “Master user - Never logged on”.

In the logs I see

Hmm. There is a symbolic link /lib/modules/4.4.6-3-osmc/build
 However, I can not read it: No such file or directory
 Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/4.4.6-3-osmc/build

Hmm. The package shipped with a symbolic link /lib/modules/4.4.6-3-osmc/source
 However, I can not read the target: No such file or directory
 Therefore, I am deleting /lib/modules/4.4.6-3-osmc/source

Full logs: http://paste.osmc.io/yisuzukota

I’ve done an apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade from the command line.

This is not an issue and is normal after an update.

Other than that you have repositories installed that we can not support on this forum which are known to cause extensive issues to the system.

Please see this link here FAQ - OSMC Forums

I suggest for testing do

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
mv .kodi .kodi_backup
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

If your problems than are gone you know that it is addon/config related. You can than move back .kodi_backup and remove the addons.

Thanks,

I tried this but it didn’t make any difference.

It’s a USB HDD install, and I’ve just been told we had a power cut yesterday.

Than it might be that you have a filesystem corruption but your log doesn’t give an indication of that

Apr 13 14:21:25 osmc kernel: EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Apr 13 14:21:25 osmc fsck: E2fsck run: /bin/e2fsck -p -C 0 /dev/sda1
Apr 13 14:21:25 osmc fsck: Filesystem UUID: e9668abe-17d6-4fc6-a2fa-45ca8c352936
Apr 13 14:21:25 osmc fsck: /dev/sda1: clean, 104139/61054976 files, 184527283/244189952 blocks

Is there nothing left on the SD card which may have become corrupt which could cause such problems?

THat would only be the kernel and if that would be corrupted it wouldn’t boot.