What is the difference in these 2 pics?

Thanks for that. Will take another look tomorrow.

Hi,

Try changing the HDMI cable.
What is the make and model of your TV?

Sam

I know the panny ub900 has the best chroma subsampling there is, so when the Vero is close to it, you already have a great picture.

Hi - I am feeding a Storm amp, then a lumagen processor, then into an Epson ls10500 projector

To me that difference looks like diff pixel encoding settings. If the Vero is like a Raspberry Pi (I’m not sure) try different hdmi_pixel_encoding options.

Or else your TV may have different settings for different sources.

1 Like

Ok, tried everything but no luck. Tried different hdmi connection on the amo, several reboots, try the #echo suggestion to revert the changes, different hdmi cable.

I get a picture for anywhere from 5 - 20 seconds then black screen, but I do get sound.

Any ideas?

Yes, we’ll wait for you to provide logs.

Logs it is. Will have a look tomorrow. Very odd as the Vero has been flawless since day 1.

Ok - logs added here: https://paste.osmc.tv/emebaqijiw

Just to add, do I need to ‘turn off’ the ssh session with the Vero before I close down terminal on my mac (if so, what is the command?)?

Or do I just close terminal and that does it?

The connection will drop after a period of inactivity.

1 Like

Thanks. Is there anything else I need to do in relation to the logs?

Bit of an update - the screen is no longer going blank after 10 seconds, I seem to be getting HD files to play fine (not sure why as I didn’t change anything), but I can’t get 4k files to play at all. Just a blank screen with no video or audio

We’ll need new logs demonstrating the issue.

Also try change the hdmi cable

I think it might be my amp doing something. Tried different cables but no change, but now can’t get 4k on my Fire TV or Blu ray player. Will talk to my dealer.

Just odd that it only started after the Vero 4k update though.

Should we all have 444 10bit or just this special case here? I dont know much about color…but i testted an HDR movie and was very very dark so wondering if something is wrong. Plays lighter from my ps4 but also looks like wrong colors…

I dont have HDR tv or projector. Kuro TV, and older 1080p JVC projector.

If your display doesn’t support HDR then this is likely the cause of the problem.

Does it support Rec2020?

I dont know what it supports tbh.
I really thought a non-hdr set would just ignore the hdr-data and still be able to play the file watchable.

What makes me wondering here is that is plays lighter (watchable) from my ps4. The colors are better through the vero and i suppose they are correct…its just too dark.

You can.

If you’re playing HDR content, it will be converted to SDR. There is not an exact specification for achieving this however. As such, the device vendor chooses how to do this.

We plan to add some selectable presets in the future. There’s been a bit more discussion about this in some other posts

Sam