What would you like to see in the ATV1 Wiki?

The Wiki is a repository of collected information related to OSMC.

While the OSMC Teams members add information when they are not busy with other tasks,
we unfortunately have a limited amount of time.

We would greatly appreciate it if the community could help further the Wiki by clicking here

If you feel information is missing from the Apple TV Specific Wiki, please, list it below:
Another OSMC user or team member may be able to add it to the Wiki at a later date

I find myself googling the various terminal commands to restart/stop kodi or finding the logs, etc - I recently migrated from raspbmc. I guess it applies to all environments not just atv though.

HDD installer is doesn’t fully work (works, but you can’t reboot or you lose everything)

Need to select “SD card” as a target with the installer (regardless of whether you’re choosing a USB or HDD install) - however, the next screen will let you select any device plugged in, so if you’re using a USB stick you just select the correct device then.

HDD install sometimes/often results in a read-only HDD partition. Means that 1) My OSMC won’t work (including config of internet via GUI) 2) anything that requires write access won’t work (<-- is this correct? Although I can change settings in XBMC, does that not write to the HDD? Or perhaps the settings are in a writable partition and the rest is in a different partition?) <— ANYWAY, something about a possible read-only issue

Crystal HD acceleration is forced enabled, if you the card is detected. Even if the option is greyed out in GUI settings (and maybe simple instructions on how to test acceleration is working? I saw instructions in a thread somewhere)

• Previously explained at the top of the HDD install thread.
  • ATV FAQ now updated to contain this info, until stable version of HDD installer is released.

[quote=“vanfog, post:3, topic:10819”]
Need to select “SD card” as a target with the installer (regardless of whether you’re choosing a USB or HDD install) - however, the next screen will let you select any device plugged in, so if you’re using a USB stick you just select the correct device then.[/quote]

You can’t “select” “SD Card” or anything else on that installer screen.
That whole screen is ghosted out and disabled unless you choose Raspberry Pi as the target platform.
Keep in mind that the installer is used for other devices.

• Info already in the ATV1 Specific FAQ

Correct. That type of info applies for all versions of OSMC, not ATV specifically.

• grab-logs and kodi-send --action=TakeScreenshot all already covered in the “How to submit a useful support request” general wiki page.