Will Vero Next have an optical audio port?

Yea I know it is a legacy port but for my needs and setup I really need Vero to keep that feature. Huge trend of media boxes getting rid of that port. But its why I bought a Vero 4k + instead of an Nvidia shield cause the Vero had an optical audio output.

So can the next Vero please maintain an optical output?

Yes.

2 Likes

Do you think if we play 20 questions we can figure out the specs of the device before itā€™s actually announced?

:joy:

5 Likes

Possibly, but youā€™ve already used up one question.

6 Likes

Ok, here is one: Will it be less than Ā£160?

Ā£159.99 it is.

Joke aside, yes. Assume you are asking this specific number as thatā€™s precisely $200 at current time.

3 Likes

FWIW I care more for quality than price. If it costs a bit more but uses better hardware, puts more into development, etcā€¦ I donā€™t mind. I care mostly about it being stable and ā€˜just workingā€™ properly.

1 Like

Iā€™m from Germany, so no. But I thought it might cost Ā£150 and then you wouldā€™ve answered no.

Are you not satisfied with the amount of time currently or previously put into Vero 4K +'s development?

Thatā€™s what I care about too. Once you go cheap it can be a race to the bottomā€¦ Thereā€™s always the Ā£20 boxes from AliExpress, but good luck with support.

Those kind of prices also make support impossible in terms of scaling out. I like to read every forum post and respond to every email personally.

3 Likes

Just asking for what to expect. I donā€™t expect it to cost only Ā£100 and Iā€™m definitely not the one asking for discounts for existing customers. What bothers me more is the fact that I have to pay additional customs fees, but this isnā€™t Samā€™s fault. Or at least, I hope itā€™s not (if you know what I mean).

You will be able to buy from a local EU reseller.

In Germany, this would be WElectron.

I know this reseller, but will they have units from the beginning?

I will do my best ā€“ they are very keen to stock the product ASAP.

3 Likes

Dear Sam, is there any official reseller in Italy?

Not at this time ā€“ but there will be EU resellers that will ship to you after the launch.

Oooohhh. I want to play! Which processor and how much storage?

If weā€™re playing 20 questions, the questions have to be phrased in such a way that the answer is either ā€œyesā€ or ā€œnoā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okā€¦is there any USB3 port?

On my PC? Yes :grin: (sorry, couldnā€™t resist :smiley: )

1 Like