Wireless connection fails

Hello, every time I try to connect to my wifi it fails.
After I insert the wifi passwords a message appears saying that connection failed.

My wireless network is a 2.4GHz network with visible SSID and with a WPA2 encryption.
Did anybody had the same issue? How did you resolved that?

1 Like

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hi, here’s my log: https://paste.osmc.tv/torafayuju

I’d suggest that you try to delete and re-create the WiFi settings for the SSID from the command line.

connmanctl
scan wifi
services

(You should see the “Vodafone-A56404013” SSID followed by a long string that begins with wifi_ and ends with _managed_psk.)

config wifi_xxxxxxxxxxx_managed_psk --remove
scan wifi
agent on
connect wifi_xxxxxxxxxxx_managed_psk

(enter passphrase)
quit

If it connects correctly, you should see the message: Connected wifi_xxxxxxxxxxx_managed_psk

1 Like

what is the passphrase? The wireless network password? OSMC password? Or something else?

The wireless network password

now it works, but there is a strange behaviour:
if I got to disconnect from this wireless network by OSMC Gui and then retry to reconnect it gives me the same error message, but then it seems to connect anyway.

That might be a bug in the current version of My OSMC, and should be improved with the next version.

Sam

Fine.
Thank you very much for helping me :grinning: