3D Frame Packed output

so when I run the first command line I get the following error:
2020-01-19 17:29:41-- https://collab.osmc.tv/s/2WLxykp8NJjaHnc/download

Resolving collab.osmc.tv (collab.osmc.tv)… 185.166.131.120

Connecting to collab.osmc.tv (collab.osmc.tv)|185.166.131.120|:443… failed: No route to host.

It’s working here.
Please check again.

So I found a bad ethernet cable giving me intermittent connection problems. Replaced cable and all is well. How can you tell if the test build installed correctly? That is without actually watching something in Forced Pack 3D.

Uploading some logs will show us which build you are on

Cheers

Sam

Which logs would you like? There are 8 different options.

Just enable “all configs and logs” and then select “upload selected logs now” and finally post the url it returns in this thread.

https://paste.osmc.tv/rizaveruvi

Looking at the log I can confirm that you’re using a version which supports MVC/FP playback. The lines

2020-03-20 14:01:34.417 T:4072218624   ERROR: GetString: error reading /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap_3d
2020-03-20 14:01:34.418 T:4072218624 WARNING: Update3dResolutions: No valid 3D resolutions found.

indicate that your TV did not advertise its 3d resolutions. So 3d playback will not work. Does your TV (which make/model?) support 3d?

Currently I have my Vero 4k connected to my computer monitor which does not support 3D playback.
With what you said this may answer my next question. When I try to play a 3D movie I get a pop-up screen That says:
Select Playback mode
Preferred mode (Same as movie) Cancel
Monoscopic / 2D
Select alternate mode…

I’m not able to remove the pop-up screen and if I select the first option the Vero 4k freezes and I have to remove power to the unit to restart.

I’m just experimenting with the unit trying to learn the in and out of its operating system. This is why I don’t currently have it connected to my 3D TV.

Hm, I’ve never tested that case. I’ll have a look at it. The Vero shouldn’t freeze. Does it work if you select “Monoscopic / 2D”?

I’m not able to select Monoscopic / 2D
The only button on the Vero remote that has any effect is the back button. When you press that button it selects the first option “Preferred mode” then the Vero freezes up and I have to uplug unit to reboot.
This problem only occurs when I try to play back a 3D source (3D.MVC.MKV). I have no problems when I play a 2D source movie.

The up/down buttons do not work?

The Up/Down buttons only give me the option menu for the movie to stop play pause etc.

And they do not work in the “Select Playback mode” menu?

That is correct no effect in the “Select Playback mode” menu.

Only the back button and I can only select the “Preferred mode (Same as movie)” option and then the Vero freezes. Of course I can not get the pop-up menu “Select Playback mode” to clear.

Note I’m using PLEX and until I hit the back button I can still see the movie playing behind the pop-up menu but once I hit the back button the unit freezes up.

Ok, I’ll try to reproduce it here.

You have your “prefered mode” set to ignore. Go to settings>player>video>playback mode of stereoscopic 3d videos> and change it to ask me or monoscopic/2d.

That fixed the problem.
I had it set to “Ask Me”

So what should it be set to automatically select 3D playback once I set this unit up to a 3D monitor?
I set it to monoscopic/2d

I can’t reproduce it here. Maybe it’s a bug in that 3D testbuild? I’m on the current 4.9 build.

Well, that depends on what you want, of course :slight_smile: . If you set it to “ask me” then you get the menu every time you start a MVC movie. If you set it to “preferred mode” then the playback would automatically switch to 3D for MVC movies.

Ok
I did have it set to “Ask Me” and changed it to “monoscopic/2d”
Since I currently have it connected to a 2D monitor this make sense.
I will play around with the different setting and see what happens.