3D Frame Packed output

Got another weird 3D issue. Ripped my Ready Player One 3D disk. When I play it back I get a weird horizontal stripe and an over/under style effect, except the over/under looks like the frame has been displaced downward, cut and then inserted on top. It’s named correctly and the stereo flag is set to 13. I’ll try to test the file on another device tomorrow.

logs?

1 Like

Same issue with Trolls World Tour 3D.

https://paste.osmc.tv/lujedolixe

Thanks for the logs. Can you extract a short sample from that movie which I can use to reproduce that issue here? You can upload it here: https://collab.osmc.tv/s/hI61bFcfHFRToPL .
The length should be around 20 seconds, and the size should not exceed 500 MB.

What is the easiest way to do that?

You can do that using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i your_movie.mkv -ss 00:01:00 -t 00:00:20 -codec copy sample.mkv

that copies 20 seconds starting at 00:01:00 of your_movie.mkv.

run that command on the vero or my nas?

Wherever you have that ffmpeg installed.

It’s uploaded

Thanks, I’ll have a look at it!

1 Like

I also have another issue. Sometimes after playing a 3D movie and then trying to play another one the next movie will be choppy. Basically the frames are off. A reboot fixes it. Next time that happesn I’ll try to get a log. Every since I upgraded to the testing branch I can’t get through a movie without it freezing and needing a reboot. Not sure if it’s 3D related bug or new kernal bug. I got a log of it. I sent it to Sam but should I send to you too? It happens on every movie whether it’s 3D or not.

I’d suggest to wait until the next testbuild will be available. We’ve fixed many bugs and the chances are high that this one has already been fixed.

Btw, I can reproduce that issue with your trolls sample. I’m investigating …

Do you still need logs/sample footage from me? Couldn’t tell if gkron92’s issue was the same as mine, or the other 3d issue mentioned a few posts before mine.

No, not at this time. Let me analyse first what the problem with @gkron92’s one is.

1 Like

@tanio99, I’m having trouble reproducing the issue I mentioned with the line down the middle, which I guess is a good thing. If it happens again, I’ll send a log and take photos.

Perfect, thanks!

I agree, those films are particularly bad, but I don’t think that’s the cause for the issue…

Regarding the recent mkv playback issues: it seems MakeMKV has changed the way MVC related private codec data is stored in mkv files. This is the reason for the playback issues. Kodi can’t find that codec data anymore and selects the wrong codec.

Is it fixable?

I think so, yes, we’ll see …