3D Frame Packed output

It will be the latest build if you have downloaded the file again with wget.

then flip eyes worked for angry.sardine and doesn’t work on mine. i’d be happy to provide logs if this is unexpected behavior.

Flip eyes also works for me on latest build

Those YT videos are unlisted, so only people here should find them. In any case, added note in titles and descriptions of tests being based on BETA software.

@hdmkv I recommend running an iperf3 test to check your network connection.

See [How To] Check Network Performance with iperf3. If your network is functioning correctly you should get in excess of 900Mbps in both directions

@tanio99, thanks for your reply. Re: the freezing issue, it happens with a couple of titles… have you tried chapter skipping in quick successions w/any 3D ISO’s or MKV’s? Re: ‘Ready Player One’, let me grab a 3-5 minute segment and share it with you if it also refuses to play like the full remux. Re: 4K tests, yes, I did you run them using the 3D testbuilds here.

BTW, I’ll try and SSH in if possible when any freezing happens to grab a log, but how do I do this?

Run grab-logs -A and send us the URL

Yes I have. I’ve tested it with the testbuild and my current version right now. I’m unable to reproduce it :frowning: . It looks like your system reacts a bit faster than mine, so maybe it’s related to the network performance? Nonetheless send us the logs an we’ll have a look at it.

Sending you PM shortly on iperf3 results. My network isn’t an issue. Also, tried those 200-400Mbps Jellyfish clips via my Qnap TS-431P NAS, and same stutter issues as w/my Synology DS1812+. Tried Windows share, but couldn’t get any of my media players (including Vero) to access shared folder… now I remember why I hate Windows sharing :wink: … sorry, back to 3D topic…

@tanio99, I’ll PM you a 5-minute sample shortly of ‘Ready Player One’ MVC MKV, which (like the full movie) also refuses to play on Vero. Just get that loading spinner and player freezes. I’ll also PM you logs next.

Don’t PM it, just upload it here: < link deleted >

Ok, I’ve got your PM and I’m downloading it right now.

Try using NFS or an OS mount.
Kodi’s built in mounts are slower as they use userspace libraries and do not have readahead.

See File sharing with a NAS, media server, windows share or other device.

But for actual real world files, the methods Kodi uses to access shares should be more than sufficient.

I’ve tested your Ready Player One snippet and can confirm that it hangs with the current testbuild. The good news is that my current version plays it fine, so the next testbuild will fix that problem. Thanks for your help, very appreciated!

Sorry, promised not to discuss network shares in this thread again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but to close the loop, just tried NFS and those high bitrate Jellyfish clips all play fine. Only the 400Mbps one had slight stutter at one point on first play, but played just fine the second time. Looks like I’ll be using NFS with Vero with both my NAS-es.

Awesome, will look forward to next build. I have another title that also doesn’t play.

BTW, here’s the log for when ‘Gravity’ 3D ISO hangs/freezes after 4-5 successive chapter skips: https://paste.osmc.tv/qojovifowo

I’ll create a MKV mux of this movie and re-test.

I think you forgot to turn on debug logging?

To get the best possible network performance you need to mount the share at OS level and have Kodi access it as if it were part of the local storage. If you search on this forum for

howto autofs

you should find a guide to setting that up.

Damn, had forgotten to enable debug logging. Here you go. This time, as I played via NFS (vs. SMB), only a brief freeze/hang-up. It did after about 4 chapter skips, but skipping forward again worked to resume playback and continue skipping quickly until the end.

Also just tested a MKV MVC version of this and perfect playback.

Will have a look at it tomorrow.

Here are my logs regarding flipping eyes.

http://paste.osmc.io/ehacojoqof.vhdl

I played Boss Baby, which is obviously in need of flipping eyes. Interesting the Vero recognizes this b/c “flip eyes” is on (without any intervention on my part). However, it does not help (the 3d is still the same as it was without the “flip eyes” on). To show that, my log was done with turning the flip eyes off. There was no change whatsoever in the video when it went from flip eyes on to off.

Hopefully this helps. Please let me know.