After october update HIFIberry Digi doesn't function

Hi @tiroy
I have just one last idea. Could you please try uninstall package alsa-utils ?
It seems,that in version of kernel 4.14 was not this package. Maybe it blocked correct output.
I´m not sure correct command

sudo apt-get remove alsa-utils

This I hope keep setting data for install again if not help.
and reboot

Thanks
Jan

I have installed alsa-utils after I have discovered this problem with latest update, since you asked me to execute “aplay -l” :slight_smile:

Oops :upside_down_face::wink:
Sorry I´m out of ideas.
Maybe now is time to checking logs in libreelec?
Jan

Hi,
I’ve th same problem. I’ve tried everything you all had proposed unfruitfully.
Now I’m trying to roll back to 14.4 kernel but it is not available at all.

osmc@osmc:/lib/modules$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall rbp2-image-4.14.78-4-osmc
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package rbp2-image-4.14.78-4-osmc
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘rbp2-image-4.14.78-4-osmc’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘rbp2-image-4.14.78-4-osmc’

Where can I find it?

Thanks for your great job!!!

They are stored in /var/cache/apt/archives but if you cleared the cache you will have to probably have to install the previous build from scratch as it has been removed from the repo.

If you had that package installed still the command that seems to be working for downgrading is…

sudo dpkg-reconfigure rbp2-image-4.14.78-4-osmc

Thanks for your prompt answer Darwindesing.
Unfortunately, cache is erased.
There is not any repo where I can find rollback kernel 14.4.x?
Avh

My knowledge of Linux is fairly limited and that would be outside of my current knowledge. If I owned this hardware myself I think my first course of action would be to get ahold of the people who make this board and see if they can assist with getting it to work with the new kernel.

Barring that I would probably just use the backup feature in the logs section of the MyOSMC app (making sure it is saved to external storage and not the SD card) and install the previous version clean with the OSMC installer (it lets you select which version to install) and then restore Kodi with the backup I made. I would then just stop updating until someone figures out how to get it going and posts instructions.

I’m going to update the 4.19 kernel again soon, and this may resolve the issue.
I’ll let you know when this has been done.

Sam

1 Like

What does dpkg -l "rbp2-image*" | grep ^ii show? It might be that the 4.14 kernel is still installed, even if the installation file has been erased from the cache.

It took me just a few minutes to do it :wink:
Newest libreelec supports hifiberry overlay without any issues.
Here’s the dmesg and kodi.log
http://paste.osmc.tv/raw/itixoxakum

Not luck. Only 4.19.55.x
Here is what it shows:
osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg -l “rbp2-image*” | grep ^ii
ii rbp2-image-4.19.55-3-osmc 3 armhf Linux kernel binary image for version 4.19.55-3-osmc
ii rbp2-image-4.19.55-6-osmc 6 armhf Linux kernel binary image for version 4.19.55-6-osmc

Thanks Sam.
Libreelec is not for me

Hi @tiroy
The good think is, that also in Kernel 4.19 it is possible to get hifiberry working.
Could you please try new OSMC November Update?

I´m not sure which version of Kernel is in this update (Libreelec is using 4.19.76)

Thanks
Jan

The November update was only Kodi and the OSMC skin. The kernel is still at 4.19.55.

I looked forward, because Sam written a few days ago about preparation of new Kernel.
:smiley:
So we will keep waiting

It will take some time.

Well, with the newest OSMSC update the problem persists.
Falling back to rbp2-image-4.14.78-2-osmc again.

We didn’t update the kernel in the last update, so the problem will indeed persist for now unfortunately.

Same issue.
Pi3 with hifiberry digi+.
I downgraded at July update.

I have the same issue after update.
Here is my setup: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, PIHI HIFI Digi +