ATV 1 - CrystalBuntu2 vs OSMC

Hi Sam, I realise the ATV1 is 10 years old now and you are focusing on the Vero and Pi rather than waste your time with out dated equipment. I would love to use OSMC on them but if not due to performance issues then it would be good to use Crystalbuntu as it meets my needs as I don’t require the latest version of Kodi and it’s new features.

All Apple Tv’s are utilising the internal HD’s and not running off USB stick. All connected via ethernet and all have 70015 cards.

Here is a snipet from original file you can test:

If OSMC will not enable me to stream my collection of movies from my Synology NAS, is it possible to clone the Crystalbuntu image from one atv to another?

I see a few threads that have asked similar questions and was wondering if the answers given were are still viable?

I really appreciate what you have done Sam since day dot 1 and continued to support the Apple TV when others have given up. I know a day will come when I will have to update my ATV’s but in the meantime if Crystalbuntu works for me, it would be nice to carry on doing so for a little while longer.

Serdar