Can anyone suggest/provide a Crystalubuntu 2 Mirror?

Because none of those people have come to this forum wondering where they can get a copy of the files from, because they already have them.

@elroy @sam_nazarko - Can we not broadcast emails to the community and ask them to give back since backups were lost?

I am sure someone who was reminded of this tragedy would step up to save the day :smile:

Sam has better things to do with his time - don’t interrupt him! :smile:

1 Like

Hey elroy, thanks for the constructive criticism. Great help to everyone.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to Jeff, as I don’t believe I’ve offered anything in this thread which could be considered criticism to this project. But ok, thanks for the feedback.

Can you please please PLEASE repost this dropjar? I will open a dropbox folder for you or wherever you wish :smile:

THANKS A BAZILLION!

C0l. P4nik

If you need a copy I can help you out , If anybody want to private message me we can arrange something .
Just so you know I have been cloneing harddrives and it works just fine ,

3 Likes

UPDATE - ‘FLAG On the play!’

My name is Doo Mass, and I figured out how to send a PM. N00b+1 awarded :slight_smile:

YOU ROCK!!!

I’m such a n00b on this forum it’s insane…either way…

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Neal

And yea…my name is Neal…

Kram351-

Let me know what you need. Dropbox space, etc…

Thanks!
Neal

Here’s another link to my 40GB hard disk image of CrystalBuntu2 (compressed to ~471MB) : Google Drive - Virus scan warning

1 Like

Arvind-

You are kind and generous man :smile:

THANK YOU!

Anything I can offer you?

Neal

I think I sent a PM to you but I’m not sure it worked. I haven’t had a reply yet. Thanks again

I replied 2x and I’m still tryin’… Wait…I replied to Kram…

Let me try you…

standby…

Hey kram, what did you use to mount the disk image on the ATV?

I uncompressed the file using WinZip on Windows 7. If I attach the ATV drive to my PC can I use either Win32diskimager or HDD Raw Copy Tool to copy it to the disk?

Thanks for your kind words Neal, just trying to help out the community and your thank you is more than enough :slight_smile:

Hello Bonnie_Raitt,
Yes indeed, you can write the uncompressed image to your ATV drive from HDD Raw Copy Tool. Let me know if you need further help with this.

1 Like

Guys, i did that way

1. download and create boot usb-stick with Openelec xbmc. (There is full boot image for usb boot)
  2. boot from this usb-stick
  3. change boot usb to usb with image of hdd
  4. connect to apple tv with ssh
  5. mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt (sdb - external usb)
  6. dd if=/mnt/image.img of=/dev/sda bs=1M (sda - internal hdd)
    May be it helps
1 Like

nooby alert!!!

I got this two images, which correspond with my date of downloading the installer, I have no way of checking if it is what people are looking for.