CEC problem since April update

I also have LG TV and had the same problem with April update, having to select Simplink input after TV suspend. I copied libcec.so.4.0.2 from March update and then it started to work again.

donā€™t know if this helps but you could try manually running the commands like this from the command-line.

switch on TV
echo "on 0" | cec-client -s

switch off TV
echo "tx 10 36" | cec-client -s
or
echo "tx F0 36" | cec-client -s

switch to current source
echo "as" | cec-client -s

Hiā€¦I was having the issue before the april updateā€¦so if you updated cec with that one it should be fixedā€¦what I ment is that the issue did n t look it was a specific OSMC bug cause since kodi 17 and cec 4 it surfaced on all cec enabled kodi OSā€™sā€¦If I find some time I ll try OSMC again and let you knowā€¦

Since removing ā€˜all-003-revert-reconnect-request.patchā€™ from libcec-osmc did not solve my problem, I compared several libcec commits regarding my problem (see above), my results:

3953f8d broken
d1a708b broken
67d444d compile error
e1df683 working
0a97062 working

For those of you who want to try if their problem is related to mine, you can try this package:

Commands (raspberry pi 2&3 only):

cd /tmp
wget http://pingumale.bplaced.net/rbp2-libcec-osmc.deb
sudo dpkg -i rbp2-libcec-osmc.deb
reboot

Based on libcec@e1df683
osmc@d3a6019

@sam_nazarko maybe you could revert to libcec@e1df683?

1 Like

What did you revert to create your package?
Please produce a diff showing your changes.

I used your latest osmc version @d3a6019, recompiled package osmc/package/libcec-osmc, but switched in build.sh (line 8) to https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/archive/e1df683b4248f15fe22f77d08d8f7e48b779c64c.tar.gz

Errors might be related to this commit, see comments on github: fixed: send an active source message when a routing change has been rā€¦ Ā· Pulse-Eight/libcec@67d444d Ā· GitHub

From my first test I removed this patch, but I believe its unrelated: ā€˜all-003-revert-reconnect-request.patchā€™. I will try libcec@e1df683 with patch 003 includedā€¦ But this should work, tooā€¦

Okay. Please let us know if you make progress.

Sam

Just as a notice for everyone: With patch ā€˜all-003-revert-reconnect-request.patchā€™ included it still works for me. So, this bug was introduced upstream with this commit:

If we build without this patch, it causes problems for a lot of people (hence the update in April).
If we build with it, it seems to work for most, but a few other users, not affected before are now affected.

Further investigation is needed it seems

1 Like

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

Iā€™d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

I just tried this and it caused my OSMC to go into a blue screen & reboot loop. Trying to figure out how to recover now. Otherwise I will re-install.

Some of the packages in jessie-devel broke my system, too. Unfortunately my backup was corrupted :disappointed_relieved:

With my clean setup I just updated this single package:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install rbp2-libcec-osmc && reboot
  5. remove line from file
  6. sudo apt-get update

And now CEC works fine for me. Even after turning tv off and onā€¦

1 Like

I installed rbp2-libcec-osmc v4.0.2-5 and now CEC continues to work even after TV was turned off/on.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting CEC improvements with the latest update.

If you find yourself in a boot loop, put the SD card in to PC and copy vmlinuz-4.4ā€¦ to kernel.img, and copy files from the dtb-4.4/ directory to the root of the partition

I am in the same boat, only with a RPI1 and a Panasonic TV. After switching the TV to standby and back on CEC is gone and nothing that Iā€™d tried short of a restart can bring it back. This used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago.

The library is rbp1-libcec-osmc and is at version 4.0.2-4 and jessie-devel doesnā€™t contain an updated version.

Is there someplace else I can get an update libcec for my system? Thanks.

Unfortunately not ā€“ if we were aware of the problem; then we would make it available to users. I believe itā€™s an issue that needs solving upstream.

Thank you for your answer. Should I read this as meaning that the fix which seems to have helped a couple of people above and is available for RPi2 is not and will not be made available for RPi1?

No ā€“ the fixes above were just test builds but didnā€™t yield improvements for everyone. When we fix it for some users it seems to break for others; so it is best addressed upstream

Thank you. I guess thereā€™s nothing to do but wait for a fix. OSMC is pretty much useless in my config as it stands. :frowning:

Yes we just have to waitā€¦itā€™s not just an OSMC issueā€¦see Hereā€¦Perhaps someone can help you compile commit 3953f8d which fixes issues for users with issues but looks like itā€™s giving issues for people without any issues beforeā€¦