HDMI-CEC seems to stop working after a couple of hours

You would need to perform a clean install. There is a “Download” link at the top of the page. You can perform a backup of your settings with the My OSMC add-on before hand so after you do a clean install you can restore them and save yourself some time and effort.

There was a security patch that came up that will probably delay the release slightly.

1 Like

I’m back on 2022-03 and it’s stable.

B U T…

It was slightly misbehaving initially in a different way to 2022-09 - same behaviour as I saw in the past.

As I was farting about, I got a firmware notification on my receiver (Denon AVR-X1600H) which I applied.

Seems way better now, so I’m thinking the problem was multiple issues.

When new build is out I’ll wipe and clean install to try it out - at least I know where to go for a stable install.

Ta,
Nick.

The update is now available.

We had to delay the update for a day due to some infrastructure issues.
Make sure to power off all your devices for a few minutes post update.

Sam

1 Like

Thanks, I updated my Vero 4K+ and it seemed to work fine afterwards. Hopefully with this fix and the Plex fix the Sept. update that broke some things is fully behind us

Well, I did the update yesterday, then applied the plex fix and turned off my samsung soundbar, vero 4k+ and my LG oled (and unplugged them all from the power socket) but still have the problem I encountered in my last post (had to off/on my soundbar to get sound).

Glad to hear this.

I’d suggest some logs so we can investigate this further.

Already switch back to 2022-03 as I did once before. Just wanted to test if the last update corrected the misbehavior of HDMI-CEC issue. The way to retrieve sound was to on/off soundbar, but the best way was to unplug the vero. Will probably test the last update in a few days, waiting for more advices if anyone else still in problem.

I also upgraded to latest and got the cec issues back.
I’ve gone back too 2022-03 and all is good again.

CEC driver is identical in 2022-03 and 2022-10.

Did you try powering everything off at the mains first?

Sam

Hello folks. Just comming out of my lurking mode to ask if the folks who was having this issue are still having this issue with the latest version of OSMC? I was also having it happen to me. LG Tv with a Denon AV receiver. Earlier versions of of OSMC on the Vero4K+ working 100% as expected. But around the time this thread was started. I also had the same as above. Reverted back to an earlier version solved the issue.

So can anybody confirm if it has been resolved? Don’t wish to go down the road of re-adding my library for the 20th time again '-)

Thanks in advance.

Oddsodz

I’m having issues with the vero turning the whole system on in the middle of the night, randomly… and only since everyone else started to have various cec issues.

I still have issues. Every couple of days I have to unplug power from Vero 4k+. It crashed my hdmi/cec just 5 mins ago and I repluged it two days ago. So it is random, sometimes after 2-3 weeks, sometimes after 2-3 days. :frowning:
I am sad that it become so unreliable… I am a long time user of OSMC on RPI3 and Vero 4k and 4k+. Before I never had such incidents.

I have noticed this too, but it only seems to happen when xbox one S has been on for a long time

Once every thing has had power off its fine. luckily its rare i use xbox lol but this passes through sound bar

A strange thing did happen where the CEC on the vero 4k, changed to on “on tv off” turn off the vero 4k, which i dont recall changing any settings on

I also experienced this problem and like others I can confirm that downgrading to 03-2022 fully fixed it.

Is there any solution or workaround available for this? I downgraded to 2022-3, but i wasn’t able to install raspotify due to some old libraries.

As soon as it happens my lg remote stops working for the Vero. I then reboot the Vero and it’s good again until remote stops working and round I go again. Takes time and it’s only a reboot so rather run latest release.

Now that the January release is out, is someone willing to give that a try?

I’m feeling dangerous and gave it a go. Not even 12 hours and as before. ARC disappears and audio back through the TV instead of Sonos. Back I go to 03/22.

Aw, that’s a shame. I would have loved to be able to use the new Moonlight support.

Thanks for testing though @sam_evans !