4k+ CEC EARC issue

I’m in the same boat as you - I went back to 2022.03 to enjoy a fully stable/working system after the last changes did not seem to fix things fully relating to HDMI switching/ARC - this and a few other threads I’ve seen pop up recently sound similar to the things I was experiencing so I suspect things are still not right in the latest version. I too have a Sony TV and a Denon AVR with a few other HDMI devices connected and the Vero from the September update onwards would randomly “hijack” the TV/AVR and its inputs, either stopping CEC from working as expected, or at worst stopping the routing of audio from the Vero (or even other devices connected to the AVR) via the AVR speakers and forcing the TV speakers to be used - no matter what I did on the TV to try to force the AVR to be used, it would always complain about connectivity issues to the AVR and nothing would work until the Vero was rebooted upon which everything started working perfectly again (with no other changes or reboots necessary on other devices), all until it would randomly begin again after a time - could be a few hours or days but it would always happen eventually and it was 100% the Vero causing it since a reboot of the Vero would cure it every single time. Only going back to 2022.03 has ultimately fixed it for me and I’ll have to stay here for a stable system unfortunately.

@sam_nazarko - in the main larger thread when discussing these problems seemingly introduced following the September update you had previously mentioned “There’s a big bump from SoC provider in the September update and a lot of changes to the HDMI TX PHY drivers. My suspicion is that the problem is there and there may not necessarily be any CEC issues.”

Did you ever manage to do any digging to confirm this? Now there are a few other threads (including this one and some more updates from other users to the original large thread) now reporting HDMI/CEC/eARC issues such as:

Might it not seem sensible to assume they could all be connected to the original issues that were never fully fixed?

1 Like