HDR Autoswitch causing issues on my LG OLED65C8

You could have used MyOSMC backup function.

I did. It does not backup fstab or bluetooth pairing (Harmony remote) for example. It’s of course reconfigurable but annoying extra time spent.

edit: sorry it says backups fstab, but did not restore it properly for me.

Please post debug logs and list your equipment.

Hey, i am also having the issue on my lg oled B8 AND now also on my sony AF9. when starting a hdr movie its working sometimes, but often its showing me no signal, then the picture comes back, but again after a few seconds no signal. i am also experiencing white flashing dots.

after setting the cec settings like you recommended it worked. but thats only a workaround for me as my tv turns off after a few seconds, when i am watching live tv on my dvr.

any chance that this is getting solved?

what about the rollback to a earlier version WITHOUT installing osmc again, until this is fixed?

regards

Which earlier version worked without these issues?

i’ve read this thread here and the other one regarding this topic and a lot users told that its was working with the version before oct '18 and it worked again when downgrading to this version.
and for me it worked a few weegs ago (but i did not check which version of osmc was installed)

and with the october update it was possible to apply a hotfix through the gui which (regarding some users here) helped also, but the hotfix is not working anymore.

i mean this thread here:

Try changing the HDMI cable.

yes i’ve read this thread here and already tried this suggestion. i tried three different cables… is there any special spezification that is important for that? all hdmi cables are hmdi 2.0. is there a cable that is working 100%?

but as i said, its working with the hdmi cable when i am using the cec settings provided and from time to time often after a fresh kodi restart its working (with the same cable)

Are you connected directly to the TV?
We have mainly ironed out the previous issues; so we don’t recommend downgrading and staying on an old version.

Could you post a debug log via My OSMC when you experience an issue so we can see more details?

Thanks

Sam

no, i am connected to a av receiver (denon x3500). but hdr is working from another device so i am sure there is no problem with the conenction from av receiver to tv…
i will post some logs later, i am at work now

but it was working some weeks ago, perfectly so it needs to have something todo with the sofware, or not?

Have you tested from the same input on the AVR that works with the other device?

Hello again,
i’ve tested now with the other input from the avr with another hdmi cable and it is working there. so it seems a problem with either the cable or the input. thx for your help and support!

You should check the AVR settings confirm it is configured to support hdr on that input.