HDR10+ Making its way now

One could think that. But why no word on this from literally ANY manufacturer? There’re no official statements about this at all…

Maybe they are considering to force people to upgrade to a new model even if a firmware update was enough… early adopters of new technologies are always fucked in the ass after all.

I wouldn’t call 4K a thing for early adopters at this point, but yeah… you might be right. :slightly_frowning_face:

I think k2u3 meant AVRs or devices in general from the last two years or so that support HDR10 but not HDR10+, Dolby Vision, or HLG. Hence the need for an upgrade.

Well, even “old” devices like Denon/Marantz AVRs got a DV/HLG firmware update. So, not all does necessarily have to be lost… But it would definitely be nice to get some statement on any firmware update possibilities on those devices :slightly_smiling_face:

Its probably different in different parts of the world but where I’m from 4k because mainstream in 2018 and not much sooner so people that have an AVR from few years back we’re early adopters when they got it

Maybe they didn’t feel any urgency, because their was no HDR10+ material to begin with. Those days seem to have past however, so I think they have to announce their take on this subject soon…….

Two more:
Bad.Times.at.the.EL.Royale.2018.INTERNAL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265.10bit.HDR10Plus.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-IAMABLE
Bohemian.Rhapsody.2018.INTERNAL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265.10bit.HDR10Plus.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-IAMABLE

Let’s calm down on posting scene releases on this forum.

4 Likes

We should keep discussions to our own legally purchased titles, not illegally downloaded / pirated titles.

2 Likes

I was merely pointing out that obviously the scene have found a way to rip HDR10+ blurays. I did not think that was a problem, because we all know that members of this forum (who own a Vero 4k) do not download scene releases……

1 Like

One can use hdr10plus_parser to verify and extract dynamic HDR metadata from a HEVC file and encode the file using x265 with the extracted HDR10+ metadata. Remember that cropping the video is problematic as the hdr10+ metadata needs to be recalculated for a new aspect ratio.

2 Likes

Hi. Lately I have been clueless of the technological issue. Although I have already returned.
I would like to know if the HDR10 + was finally implemented in vero 4k.

thanks!

Not yet

Sam

2 Likes

Hi,

Any update about HDR10+ ? if don’t do you think that it will be implemented ?

Thanks

This would be something that we would target in our next kernel (4.9).

1 Like

Is any expected date for this kernel ? I’m reading about this kernel for months, but there isn’t any news about it.

Will this kernel support HDR maxcll maxfall aswell?

Thanks

A few users are testing it now. maxxcll/maxfall is supported.

2 Likes

What about hdr10+?

Thanks in advance

@sam_nazarko is there any update regarding vero supporting hdr10+ ?