[HOW-TO ALL PLATFORMS]Can I use Netflix on OSMC?(post 4)

To change the resolution do this:

Settings for Nettflix add-on
Account -> Inputstream Addon Settings

Max.Resolution (both) set to 720p on Pi3/Vero4k, 480 on Pi2

When it comes to buffering i have no such issue, so I can’t explain that.

Hi guys,
I’ve just update my Raspberry to the last official OSMC release… can you please point me to the correct guide to install Netflix and Amazon Prime Video plugins?
I’m not sure I’ve understood well if this post is for the pre-release or we can use it also now that the official release has been released including Kodi 18.

Thanks

Use this.

Ok thanks, can you point me to the guide?
Sorry I’m not so expert and I don’t want to brake my installation :slight_smile:

Post 4 as the title indicates.

whoops… sorry!
Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to login. Just installed the addon today on the latest OSMC stable build…

2019-05-14 19:36:37.765 T:1795158752 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/
2019-05-14 19:36:37.766 T:1915860528 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/) failed
2019-05-14 19:36:52.149 T:1915860528 ERROR: Control 9 in window 10140 has been asked to focus, but it can’t
2019-05-14 19:37:11.250 T:1523512032 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
2019-05-14 19:37:11.250 T:1523512032 WARNING: COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder
2019-05-14 19:37:11.251 T:1523512032 NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load special://skin/backgrounds/default_bg.jpg
2019-05-14 19:37:11.618 T:1304494816 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(23, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py): the python script “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py” has left several classes in memory that we couldn’t clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE

Tried Addon failing to get directory content from Netflix · Issue #311 · asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix · GitHub but does not seem to be a relevant issue anymore. The edited file there did not work either… Anyone else experiencing the same?

Raspberry Pi 3
Installation script and addon installation worked flawlessly

Will try to replicate when the kids go to bed and i get some TV time, just reinstalled my vero4k so i got to install Netflix anyway

Thanks mate

Well, I thought i had the same issue, but i don’t know if I had. My keyboard has a tendency to skip letters. But the third time, when I checked the credentials hard while typing them, I got in. That time i had Debug logs on because i saw “Request error” flash by but then it worked.

Had a request error twice, but that never showed on the third login attempt. Don’t know if this info helps you, but it might be a laggy connection to Netflix auth-checker. Try a few times, as long as you get the credentials question when you start the add-on it has never registered a working login.

Hi everyone, simple question this guide is good for Vero 2 too?

Yes, that’s what all platforms means.

1 Like

Many thx

If I use the script in post #4, then I dont need to do any of the “manual steps” below correct?

Crypto for netflix plugin:

Getting plugin.video.netflix.zip

In Kodi:

For some netflix shows, it says “widevine CDM has to be extracted from a 2 GB Chrome OS recovery image” - go ahead??

Edit: yes go ahead and do that.

OK, got it working and viewing titles - but they all seem to be in 480?? I’ve got Dolby D audio but poor video resolution.

There was an issue with inputstream.adaptive, don’t know if it’s fixed in OSMC just yet.

Certainly doesn’t appear to be for me - just updated last night too. No new updates for a while now.

Have you checked the settings for inputstream.adaptive under Netflix add-on settings, there is resolution alternatives ther

Yes I’ve got that all set to default, I.e max and auto stream selection