[HOW-TO ALL PLATFORMS]Can I use Netflix on OSMC?(post 4)

My Netflix is broken again or rather widevine is. When I try to play anything I am requested to update widwine, it tries to download a chromeos and errors out when unpacking with
TypeError : execv() arg 2 must contain only strings

Have you tried the solution in post 464 in this thread?

That did the trick, thank you once again.

I didn’t even see that thread , didn’t come up in any of my searches, must have been using the wrong search criteria.

R

1 Like

The problem is 4K content from Netflix/Amazon is hard to crack, they are lopeholes but they get fixxed very quick (Apple is another thing they just seems to dont care) so you must “capture” it which tooks forever thats why not everything is available in 4K.

I installed script.module.inputstreamhelper-master.zip and 15.2 Netflix zip files but when I try to open Netflix I get Check the log for more information error. Can you help me with this please.

In that case i think you should enable debug-logs, restart wait till Netflix background service started and then try to start netflix addon. if you get a netflix error directly without starting netflix there is an issue with the background service.

But first of all, enable debug logs restart and try start netflix addon after background service started.
After the error upload logs

I tried and not working again. But this time I think I managed to get a log https://paste.osmc.tv/avocawovih
I hope I got it right and it will give you a clue.

Have you run my installation script, seems to be missing the vital en/decryption library for python.

Try to run my script, and then start netflix, no need to install the zip again.

These are the files I used. Did I miss something.

script.module.inputstreamhelper-master

repository.castagnait-1.0.0

plugin.video.netflix-0.15.22

Yeah there is a few dependecies you have to install via ssh, that’s what my script does. Look at post 4 in this thread.

sudo apt-get install python-crypto
sudo apt-get install build-essential python-pip
sudo pip install -U setuptools
sudo pip install wheel
sudo pip install pycryptodomex==3.8.2

I used your script, then the last ones. Its working now, thanks a lot. But its freezing a lot. Then the video continues but nıt the sound. Is there any solution for this.

The punisher 4K ATMOS

Video OK (sometimes get slower)
Sound Not streaming after a minute

UPDATE: Same thing happens in 1080P and DD+ movies

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zjoasan/netflix-install-script/master/netflix_prep_install.sh
chmod +x netflix_prep_install.sh
./netflix_prep_install.sh

Hard to say just out of the blue, what device are you running on, what’s the settings in inputstream?

Thanks to @joakim_s for all the help with Netflix. Have it running on a Pi and a Vero. I have the decode settings max’d at 720p. Looked at a couple of Netflix original series (House of Cards, Better Call Saul) and playback is pretty faultless. Looked at a BBC series (Death in Paradise) and the playback alternates between fine for a period, then an occasional stutter, then back to fine again - in this case it’s a bit choppy overall So quality of playback seems to be title-specific. Do others find that too?

I am using Vero 4K+
adaptive h264 decoder SW

you haven’t touched expert settings in netflix addon? like enable hvec, that causes problems since it’s software decoding and the cpu isn’t powerfull enough.

Every time something new; sorry. licenseResponseBase64 error.

UPDATE: If I turn hvec OFF it works again without error but stutter.

What resolution are you trying to run, since it’s software decoding the 1080p stuff on netflix isn’t reliable, do 720p as max in inputstream settigns.

Is there any way to use it with HEVC open.

I tried 1080p and 4K. The reason I want to use my Vero 4K+ instead of my Samsung Tv is it supports Atmos not like my Tv. That is the reason I am trying to use 4k with Atmos on my Vero.

Short answer, no due to software decoding HVEC is not possible.

1 Like

Hi @joakim_s. Again thanks for all the work you’re putting into this.

I just tried to reinstall the script again after a bit of a hiatus, also having some problems with widevine in another streaming app (lightbox), but the netflix app is still at 14.5. Seems something is not updating. Do I need to completely delete the netflix installation and start again? How would I do that?

Apps:
netflix 0.14.5
inputstream adaptive by peak3d 2.3.22
Lightbox 0.5.4
RTMP input by spiff 2.0.5
inputstreamhelper can’t be found in my addons.