[HOW-TO ALL PLATFORMS]Can I use Netflix on OSMC?(post 4)

Downloaded the inputstreamhelper as per your post 464, now have version 0.4.2

Is it working now? I would also update Netflix add-on to the latest, i think 0.15.22, but if it ain’t broke =)

I can’t update the netflix app, no. Says there are no updates. I don’t know how to download it separately from Github.
Reinstalled widevine DRM using inputstreamhelper.

wget https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/archive/master.zip
mv master.zip plugin.video.netflix.zip

Then install from zip in Kodi

If I got it right, for watching Netflix in 4K and Atmos I can’t use my Vero 4K+. I should buy an additional Apple 4K or maybe the new Amazon fire cube or a device that naturally supports it. I hope there is a way to watch it with Vero 4K+ because I don’t want to spend extra cash for it and there will be too many devices just for watching something on TV. Thanks again for your all help.

That alas is the future as the mega-corporatieons see it. They want to provide us the tool to watch the content we pay from their network. Wait 'til you need to get one device for AMC, Disney, Marvel etc. :frowning:
Actually, they push people to actually illegally download because they are sick of being at merci of these corporations bullshit policies and rules no one understands.

2 Likes

True. I wish competition would be fierce enough that they’d allow devices to be able to implement their service. And to the point they’d be like browsers. Chrome actually pay OS’s to be the default browser.

Endless circle: corporations: we need locked down boxes/DRM because people pirate our stuff -> people: we don’t like their boxes as they are slow, buggy, yet another crappy box for something so they pirate stuff -> corporations: we need locked down boxes/DRM because…

1 Like

So is there any way to use Vero 4K+ using OSMC for Netflix 4K + Atmos. As I understand there is no way. So If anyone who wants these features have to buy that devices. I really wish we had a chance to have that functions on our lovely devices. Streaming from HDD library plus the subscription based services (full featured) would be perfect. Otherwise a device for a subscription. No thanks. But do we a better choice. Apple is working on an almost all in one subscription service. Their app is built in some TVs. But if your TV is like mine you can’t use Atmos even if you have a Atmos setup; because its restricted by the TV and you can’t enable it.

No.

As ActionA says, no; even 1080p is not usefully supported, let alone 4K.

This web page was the reason I was asking. I thought maybe there is a possibility but no there is not. Thanks for all the help.

Can it play 4K videos?

Yes, but only on Android devices with Widevine L1, and you need to set the following parameters:

• In the addon settings, Expert page: Enable VP9 profiles to OFF Enable HEVC profiles to ON Force support to HDCP 2.2 to ON
  • In the Inputstream Addon settings, Account page: Override HDCP status to ON

If you don’t get 4k resolution when you play: Try to enter the ESN from your Netflix App (can be found unter Settings => About).

That means hardware acceleration, and the Vero isn’t an android device.

1 Like

Just a heads up, there seem to be some issues with libwidevine right now, massive problems with Netflix addon on multiple platforms.

Looking like google changed something with how widevine works. Since it effects both Amazon and Netflix.

2 Likes

Hi!

May this be why I’m getting some error messages?
I can’t read new videos since yesterday evening, could this be linked to that.

I’m getting the following message “Entity used incorrect authentification data type”, even though I’m well connected to netflix since I can access all programs. However I can’t launch any video.
The log is here: https://paste.osmc.tv/yoziqeriti

Thanks for your help;
first time using the forum, let me know if my message makes sense !

That is precisely what the problem is.

1 Like

Hi,
I am having the same problem of A.Rimmer. Since yesterday night Netflixadd-on on my raspberry p3 was working well.
This morning I tried to log and it worked but when I click to play a video I got “Entity used incorrect authentification data type.”
Is there any updated or else we can do to fix it.

Thanks
Banjer

Right now, there isn’t anything mentioned on github so far about a solution, when there is i’m gonna be posting here. There seems to be an issue with inputstream.adaptive interaction with libwidevine that has changed, not the add-on itself, but something that is beyond the add-on developers right now.

Got reports that it’s working again on Github, had to get a new libwidevine, but i don’t know how old the one on the system was. But it’s working for me now.

4 Likes

I could care less about 4K.
(I’ll upgrade to 4K able hardware, when I’m more or less forced to. Unless it’s Blue Planet or Planet Earth type shows, I don’t see the point.)
Besides It’s not supported for hardware decode with widevine on linux/OSMC.
I’m talking software decode of 720P. (which admittedly is a moving target)

Kudos to @joakim_s for making this as painless as possible for OSMC users, even though it is painful by corporate design

1 Like