[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Hey MCOBIT…

Work´s like charm!!! great work and many thank´s

1 Like

@mcobit hi mate tried installing this again after sd card failed and every time I click the addon in programs it goes to a whitescreen with kodi logo then it shows emustation logo then goes back yo into kodi ???

Uhm… Do you have hyperion running? I noticed some problems when switching and having it activated…

Next thing to do is getting some error handling and logging into this…

@mcobit I have hyperion yes but its not running as in the leds are on ??? that didn’t make a difference yesterday before my sd card went and done 1 in leds arnt on back of tv because they popped along with my pi 2

Please try to deactivate it with

sudo service hyperion stop

Then try again…

Edit: The new transition videos seem to create a problem with it as the mode switching seems to be affected or too slow when hyperion is running.

@mcobit still the same mate in putty it says no PID hyperiond not running ??

Please reboot, deactivate hyperion and then try again.
Let’s see if we can work this out…

Edit: you can also try to delete video.sh from /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts/ and see if that helps.

@mcobit yes deleting video.sh from scripts done the trick m8 thanks a lot :smiley:

it didn’t do this last time lol

I don’t know how many times I said it already: I do not own a ps3 pad, so I cannot help here. Sorry.

@mcobit
@mcobit also when I try to add roms in retro pie via my laptop it wont let me open rom file its saying \osmc\retropie\roms\ is not acessable you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact administrator of this server to see if you have access permissions then underneath that it says the handle is invalid ???

You are using Windows and a sambashare, correct?
This cannot follow symlinks. The romfolder is linked to the real place in you installdirectory.
Use sftp or copy the roms somewhere else on the sdcard and move them via ssh for now.

@mcobit lol my skills are very limited m8 got no clue lol I had the same setup yesterday before sd card and pi failed it worked ok then ??

Make a new folder in the RetroPie directory, then copy the roms there.
From ssh move them to the right place:

For snes for example:

cd RetroPie/yournewfolder
mv * /home/RetroPie/roms/snes/

@mcobit its saying no such file or directory lol :sweat_smile:

Come on…
Wich command?

The yournewfolder has to be replaced with the name of the new subfolder with the roms you created of course…

Edit: It is already on my list of things to simplify for unexperienced users.

@mcobit I’m sorry m8 I’m not experienced at these things enough for today

Where did you copy your roms to now?

@mcobit cant seem to do it m8 ill forget it for now cant see what has changed since I installed yesterday all was ok wish I backed up my img before my sd card broke typical :anguished: I created a new folder in retropie called roms 1 pasted roms in there and cd retropie/roms 1 via ssh it says no such file or directory I’m not good at this at all lol

Linux is case sensitive.
Type ls to list the contents of the current directory and then cd “RetroPie/roms 1”. With the quotemarks as linux also doesn’t like spaces without quotes.

Edit: Maybe you could read the articles here to learn a bit about linux: