[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

I just made a symlink so 4.1.5-1-osmc points to 3.18.11-v7+
That made it work as well :slight_smile:

do you have to add ā€œsudo sixad -startā€ somewhere in the starting scripts for emulationstation?
Iā€™m struggling with thatā€¦

I changed the chroot.sh script abit for this:

sudo HOME="/home/pi" /usr/sbin/chroot --userspec 1000:1000 "$INSTALLDIR/retrosmc" sudo hciconfig hci0 pscan
sudo HOME="/home/pi" /usr/sbin/chroot --userspec 1000:1000 "$INSTALLDIR/retrosmc" sudo service sixad start
sleep 5
sudo HOME="/home/pi" /usr/sbin/chroot --userspec 1000:1000 "$INSTALLDIR/retrosmc" emulationstation

but I think Iā€™m just gonna follow my own guide for installing the ps3 controller and let the chroot only do emulationstation.
gonna try that now, luckily I got multiple sd cards for testing :expressionless:

Thanks, that is also working for me. (changed to only linking and mod in chroot.sh)

Will waiting for your additional findingsā€¦

nevermindā€¦ I just removed the (/nfs) part and it seems to have worked.

mcobit thanks 4 your script:) It works ok in my rasp1 :smile:

Well, i am facing a ā€œproblemā€ which i assume has nothing to do with you but with how your script is working.
I guess that when retrosmc starts, kodi somehow stops (the script ā€œkillsā€ kodi). That is a problem, especially if you have enabled ā€œsend inactive source command when stopping kodiā€ in kodiā€™s hdmi cec settingsā€¦

Having that cec command enabled, when retrosmc starts, TV signal is reverting back to were it was. Having that command disabled, retrosmc starts ok, but when you shutdown kodi it stays on hdmi mode (doesnā€™t revert back to TV) because the command is disabled. Soā€¦ Any way to use retrosmc with ā€œsend inactive source enabled?ā€

In other wordsā€¦Is there any way to ā€œpauseā€ kodi when retropie starts-and not killing it?

Just using my ps3 install guide works like a charm with the chroot version of retropie ā€¦ no hastle within the chroot anymore :smile:

Hmmm. Didnā€™t even know this option existed :wink:

I guess that what it does is to disable the hdmi by tvservice or sending a command that the hdmi source is inactive. If you can find out what the command is to enable it again, you can put that into the chroot.sh file to make the hdmi come up again after kodi closed it probably.

Edit: This seems to be a function in the cec libs. So not sure how to do it from commandline. If anybody knows, please post it here.

Retropie is workin great!

I have a questionā€¦ y config my joysitcs an worked perfect, but after i unplug my RP2 or make and update to osmc (i donĀ“t no wich of them make the problem), my jpoysticks lost the configuration i have made (several of them inside MAME whith specific behaviours).

Is any way to backup those config? i will loose them any time i update or unplug? can i save them into retropie?

Thanks in advance.

Can you point me to your ps3 install guide please ā€¦

Are you using a retroarch mame version?
If so you need to put your config into the retroarch.cfg in /opt/retrosmc/opt/retropie/configs/all
Else the config stored there will be loaded by default.

The following command will send an on command through CEC.
echo ā€œon 0ā€ | cec-client -s

However, my experience is that this can cause some issues the next time Kodi attempts to use CEC as the CEC-client command is seen as a different device than Kodi (I think that is the issue, anyway).

Soā€¦there is nothing we can do:(

Bah. Thereā€™s always something you can do. Iā€™ll try some stuff. Feel free to join.

I came here just to say thank you!

I just installed the latest OSMC with your latest script and it works perfect with an off brand wired Xbox 360 controller on a Pi2.

Thank you mcobit!

You can find lots here: [HowTo] Installing RetroPie alongside OSMC RC (the easy way):

1 Like

Thanks. I will try it. What are the advantages doing it like you? Can I use the ps3 controller also in Kodi or is there more?

And what I doesnā€™t understand is, I thought as commented in the thread that It should also work directly in the OSMC-Bluetooth menu to pair/connect it. Or am I wrong? (Is there sixpair, ā€¦ missing?)
I think that would be the real target, because then there is no need to ssh into the pi.

At the moment the ps3 controller in bluetooth mode is working well in emulationstation/retropie with our workaround from yesterday :wink:

I will follow which way it will be goingā€¦

+1

excuse the delay I solved thanks

I have to verify it at home, where I have a cec capable tv, but I think I found a way:
If you send a manual cec command via cec-client, the built in cec client in kodi will not function anymore until you kill all instances of cec-client and restart kodi.
It is an ugly hack, but you can send some cec command via cec-client at starting of the retropie.sh script and thus disable kodis ability to send the inactive-source command on quit.
When kodi is restarted by emulationstation quit, it will have control of the cec again and will work as normal when you shut it down from kodi itself.
Thatā€™s the theoryā€¦

1 Like