[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Yeah. You need to start it while chrooted in though. Have a look some posts above for details on how to do it via ssh.
Or you can just select the menupoint in emulationstation to update the script and the emulators. This is a complete retropie now.
If there are problems after updating, let me know. I have done it but I don’t know anymore if I had fixed anything afterwards.
Updating individual emulators shouldn’t be a problem though. Updating emulationstation could be tricky.

Yeah I know, read it before and worked with chroots as well before :wink:
Hopefully to have time this weekend and will try a full reinstall of OSMC with the new retrosmc, will try out ps3 controllers through bluetooth if that works from the RetroPie setup script automaticly like the full version :smiley:

Here is the content… thats weird.

INSTALLDIR=""

I just used the default dir

So please put your installpath /opt between the quotemarks and make sure there is something in /opt/retrosmc.

Done. Seems ok. Why was it empty ?

No clue, it should be written directly after the installpath is confirmed.

So here the steps I would suggest (sorry for the late reply):

Copy the roms folder to your hdd:

cp -r /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms /media/YOURDISKNAME/

Unlink the romfolder in home:

unlink /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms

delete the real romfolder:

rm -r /opt/retrosmc/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/*

create a new symlink:

ln -s /media/YOURDISKNAME/roms /opt/retrosmc/home/pi/RetroPie/roms

I’ve some problem with the audio. Audio works great while I’m in OSMC but when i load up ES it stops working. Im using HDMI as audio output an i get following error if i try to start a rom:

AudioManager Error - Unable to open SDL audio: ALSA: Couldn’t open audio device: No such file or directory

I had got it working onetime by force it to HDMI but i cant remeber how i did it…

Hi Theetjuh,

will be interesting waiting for your experience, because I have problems getting my ps3 controller working in bluetooth mode. With usb it is working. Install/Pair (309 Install/Pair PS3 controller) it via the retropie-setup within the emulationstation/retrosmc seems to be ok. Results in no errors, but after removing usb cable and pressing ps button, the ps3 controller doesn’t connect :frowning:

Has someone tried to install the “Nintendo DS” emu via the retropie-setup and there in the experimental emus?
For me it doesn’t compile/install -from the log:

... g++ -O2 -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -pipe -DUSE_POSIX_MEMALIGN -D__RETRO_ARM__ -marm -mfloat-abi=hard -DARM -DHAVE_JIT -DNDEBUG -O3 -D__LIBRETRO__ -fPIC -Isrc -Isrc/libretro    -c -o src/GPU.o src/GPU.cpp
    src/GPU.cpp: In member function 'void GPUEngineA::_RenderLine_DispCapture_Blend(const u16*, const u16*, u16*, size_t, size_t)':
    src/GPU.cpp:3761:84: error: there are no arguments to 'GPU_RenderLine_DispCapture_BlendFunc' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'GPU_RenderLine_DispCapture_BlendFunc' must be available [-fpermissive]
    src/GPU.cpp:3761:84: note: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
src/GPU.cpp:4516:47:   required from here
src/GPU.cpp:3761:4: error: 'GPU_RenderLine_DispCapture_BlendFunc' was not declared in this scope
<builtin>: recipe for target 'src/GPU.o' failed
make: *** [src/GPU.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/
Could not successfully build_lr-desmume NDS emu - DESMUME (/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/lr-desmume/desmume/desmume_libretro.so not found).  ...

You have to get your ps3 controller paired in osmc. Not retropie.

I think the second problem is because it needs headers for the dispmanx sdl. Will probably not run with a playable framerate anyway.
Edit: Or it needs newer versions of the headers. You probably need and apt-get update or rpi-update.

I have tried but no luck with ps3 controller pairing in osmc.
They are detected, I can choose “… connect+pair or connect” then asked for pin and after that to enter the pin e.g. 0000 onto the ps3. but how to enter the pin on the ps3? the connection “failed” everytime …
kodi.log shows someting like this but can’t get them to work:

20:45:24 86763.226562 T:1580987424  NOTICE: Attempting to pair with 00:21:4F:9A:42:7A
20:45:24 86763.226562 T:1580987424  NOTICE: calling agent "/usr/bin/python /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.networking/resources/lib/osmc_bluetooth_agent.py 00:21:4F:9A:42:7A"

and in debug mode there is:

• DISCOVERED — ‘00:21:4F:9A:42:7A’: {‘alias’: ‘PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller’, ‘connected’: False, ‘trusted’: False, ‘paired’: False}}

for my Logitech Keyboard the pairing in OSMC was ok - also with iserting the pairing-code via keyboard itself .

Yes I saw the same solution in the previous thread and it works! I ran: echo snd_bcm2835 | sudo tee -a /etc/modules
Thanks

Seems it can’t start sixad as a service …
If you run it by hand sudo sixad -start you’ll see this message:

pi@osmc ~ $ sudo sixad -start
sudo: unable to resolve host osmc
sudo: unable to resolve host osmc
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.1.5-1-osmc/modules.dep.bin'
You need admin/root access to run this application

Now to just find a solution for this :smile:

when you try to start “sudo sixad -start” by hand, are you doing it in chroot environment or normal in osmc env?
when I try to start it after normally connecting to the pi via ssh (not in chroot env) I got:

root@OSMC:~# sudo sixad -start
sudo: sixad: command not found

how to reproduce your findings?

Doing it in the chroot env, you can make a copy of chroot.sh in /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts and change on line 31 emulationstation to /bin/bash

Run that in a SSH shell and you are in the chroot env :smile:

Thanks

now I’m on the way like you :wink:

pi@OSMC / $ sudo sixad -start
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.1.5-1-osmc/modules.dep.bin'
You need admin/root access to run this application

Hope get the ps3 running without cable only with bluetooth…

Wrong searching or wrong libs?:

find /lib/modules/ -maxdepth 2
/lib/modules/
/lib/modules/3.18.11+
/lib/modules/3.18.11+/kernel
/lib/modules/3.18.11+/modules.dep.bin
/lib/modules/3.18.11-v7+
/lib/modules/3.18.11-v7+/kernel
/lib/modules/3.18.11-v7+/modules.symbols
/lib/modules/3.18.11-v7+/modules.dep.bin

for the moment this workaround let my ps3 controller pair/connect :smiley:

copy the libs to chroot env: not the fine way but will wait for the right solution :wink:

cp -p -r /lib/modules/4.1.5-1-osmc /opt/retrosmc/lib/modules/4.1.5-1-osmc
chown -R osmc:osmc /opt/retrosmc/lib/modules/4.1.5-1-osmc

pi@OSMC / $ sudo sixad -start
sixad-bin[4708]: started
sixad-bin[4708]: sixad started, press the PS button now
sixad-sixaxis[4712]: started
sixad-sixaxis[4712]: Connected 'PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller (00:21:4F:9A:42:7A)' [Battery 05]

so at the moment it is done in chroot env, but as I understand it should also normally possible via OSMC, will go on trying…

Im looking at keeping all of my roms on my NAS too, the above doesnt seem to work for me…

I remember a workaround when i last installed retropie, but cant for the life of me remember how i did it…

Is there any reason the above wouldn’t work for me? (Im not too clued up on linux but i know the basic commands)