[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

There actually are no os specific issues. I would advice you to read the retropie documentation and ask on their forums aboit rom compatibility and emulator issues.

Advmame need roms of a set of mame version 0.106. Other rom versions will not work. Also rar files will not wort, too.

So if you cannot specify the emulator for n64 (mupen64plus or lr-mupen64plus) I’m afraid I cannot help you.
Please ask at the retropie forums or use google to see if someone has similar problems.

Mupen64 Plus

The not-libretro version Version of mupen64-plus has its own config files for buttons and other stuff.
Please refer to: Home · RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup Wiki · GitHub

But put /opt/retrosmc before any paths you find on that website.
e.g.:
/opt/retrosmc/opt/retropie/configs/n64/mupen64plus.cfg
or
/opt/retrosmc/opt/retropie/configs/n64/InputAutoCfg.ini

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I will look in to it.

I’ll give it a chance over the weekend, thanks!

Hi all,
First thanks you for your hard work.
Yesterday i tested this and is working fine on my RPi1.
Just buy a RPi2 today and this week i’ll test this on the new one.
Regards!

Good to hear. Have fun!

It looks like as of RetroPie v3.1 source based installation on OSMC is supposed to be fixed/supported and as of v3.2 binary based installation is fixed/supported.

Has anyone tested this out yet? I’m still using the pre-chroot method but looking to switch to a full RetroPie install. If no one has tried yet, I may give it a shot in the next week or so if I can find a spare SD card.

Would be cool if you can test it.
He says it’s not too stable right now but if it becomes stable and Sam is fine with it, we can switch to a direct installation again instead of a chroot.
Probably I need to do some patches for RetroPie itself to make it easier.

Errors definitely still exist.
I was able to run the RetroPie-Setup script on a clean install of OSMC 2015.10-1. Rather than installing all from binary, I chose to install selected. I figured the first thing I would need would be Emulationstation. When I selected that from the setup script, I got dependency errors related to libsdl2. Maybe because the fixes referenced in the RetroPie updates are for Raspbian Jessie as opposed to standard Debian Jessie or maybe its because of the changes that OSMC makes to Jessie?

Yeah, tried it, too and sdl is still the main culprint.
Their custom version will not play along with the dev packages so both get removed over and over.

Hello @ all,

i´ve tried to do the steps to create a symlink from usb to retropie (posted by mcobit). But it doesn´t work for me :frowning:

The symlink works fine in WinSCP (and Putty) and all files, folders, roms etc. are in the right place but RetroPie still can´t find any games…

The filemanager (in RetroPie) shows only a red coloured “!roms” folder at “~/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/”.
If i try to open it, it shows: “/bin/bash: ./roms: No such file oder directory Press any key to continue…”

The usb drive is formattet in ext4. I use OSMC 15.2 @ RPi2.

ps. sry for my bad english…i hope you can understand my problem :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

So your symlink points to /opt/retrosmc/home/pi/RetroPie/roms right?

Do not make a symlink to /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms as this is a symlink to the path above already.

Hi :smiley:

That´s right. I´ve createt it with:

ln -s /media/MyUsbDrive/roms /opt/retrosmc/home/pi/RetroPie/roms

Any Ideas, why it doesn´t work?

Perhaps you need an rbind mount instead of a symlink?

Try: sudo mount --rbind /media/MyUsbDrive/roms /opt/retrosmc/home/pi/RetroPie/roms

Have you moved the whole roms folder to the USB drive, preserving the subdirectory structure?

Hello everyone, first post here, have any one managed to install “ppsspp” (psp) emulator from “Retropie-Setup” experimental packages?
I’m talking about the one in #4 in this picture

Regards,

Hi. Doesn’t it work for you?

No the installation process terminates with errors regarding some directories not being found, i guess those directories are related to the default Retropie setup (not retrosmc)… i don’t recall exactly what were they

Try to update the retropie-setup script before trying to install it.
Do not do a full binary update though.