[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

I wasn’t get notified of posts on this thread for some reason.

I myself have the same response as you.

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo update-rc.d sixad defaults
insserv: Service bluetooth has to be enabled to start service sixad
insserv: exiting now!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header

I also get this happening when I try β€˜systemctl status hciuart.service’:

osmc@osmc:~$ systemctl status hciuart.service
● hciuart.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)

I tried β€˜sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-sys-mods’ but get this come back:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package raspberrypi-sys-mods

Strange. Not sure why it can’t find the package. My install was pretty fresh. I think the only other thing I attempted to do was do an apt-get install bluez. Can’t recall though.

Yes,I’m really not sure why that is…are you running latest update of OSMC?

Yup I did an update of OSMC, but I’m configuring my PS3 controller while in RetroPie. I haven’t bothered to try setting it up for OSMC because I use a Harmony remote with a Flirc dongle plugged into the Pi.

Alright so I just set up a brand new SD Card with the dual boot OSMC/RetroPie. In RetroPie I β€œquickly” got my PS3 controller configured by doing the following after the first boot to RetroPie.

• Launch RetroPie Setup
  • Update RetroPie Setup script
  • Once it launches the new script go to Manage Packages
  • Manage Driver Packages
  • PS3 Controller
  • Install from source
  • It will eventually prompt you about a file if you want to keep the distro or the original. Replace it with the distro, do not keep the original.
  • Once it’s done, reboot
  • After RetroPie comes back up, plug the controller in via USB
  • You’ll see the 1 light blink and off once or twice, then all four lights will blink slowly.
  • Unplug the controller from USB
  • Press the PS button
  • It should blink rapidly for a little then start pairing and select a controller number.

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify what you mean by β€˜dual-boot’ is your image two seperate partitions?One with Retro-Pie and one with OSMC,or is RetrOSMC installed?

I hav eno problems pairing my controller to the Pie,and when I launch RetroPie from within OSMC it detects the controller.I t just doesn’t respond to any key presses so cannot be configured in the Emulation Station screen…

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
                                           β”‚ Registered Devices:                                      β”‚  
                                           β”‚                                                          β”‚  
                                           β”‚ 00:26:5C:02:54:D2 PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller             β”‚  
                                           β”‚ CC:C5:0A:1F:F6:C3 Bluetooth 3.0 Macro Keyboard           β”‚  
                                           β”‚ Active Connections:                                      β”‚  
                                           β”‚       > ACL 00:26:5C:02:54:D2 handle 11 state 1 lm MA    β”‚  
                                           β”‚ 1 lm MASTER                                              β”‚  
                                           β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€  
                                           β”‚                         <  OK  >                         β”‚  
                                           β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜  

Yeah you definitely have a different problem then I did.

More investigation:

Although the PS3 controller is paired with OSMC I don’t think it’s pairing with Bluez:

[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# disconnect
Attempting to disconnect from 00:26:5C:02:54:D2
Successful disconnected
[CHG] Device 00:26:5C:02:54:D2 Connected: no
[CHG] Device 00:26:5C:02:54:D2 Connected: yes
[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# paired devices
Invalid command
[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# paired-devices
Device CC:C5:0A:1F:F6:C3 Bluetooth 3.0 Macro Keyboard
[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# paired-devices
[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# devices
Device 00:26:5C:02:54:D2 PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller
[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# pair
Attempting to pair with 
Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationFailed
[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# 

I disconnectd the controller using β€˜bluetothctl’ and then reconnected it.It is stated as β€˜connected’ but NOT paired.When attempting to pair it with β€˜bluetoothctl’ it fails to pair:

[PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]# pair
Attempting to pair with 
Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationFailed

Although it is shown as paired with OSMC network settings.

Hello, I can’t seem to find my error in this thread (though it might be there), but I can’t get the installer to run.
I followed the first 4 steps, but when I do
./install-retrosmc.sh
I get:
./install-retrosmc.sh: line 12: /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts/retrosmc-config.cfg: No such file or directory
My machine is a newly purchased raspberry pi 3 running osmc fully updated. What does this error mean, and how can I proceed with my installation?

Did you chose quick install during installation?

I didn’t get that far. The installer itself wouldn’t run because some config file wasn’t existent when it should have been.

This should not be a critical thing…
It should ignore that line if the file is not existant.

Just tried again. The script still won’t run. Nothing changes on the screen.
logs: http://paste.osmc.io/duropomoku

Please try to delete the install-retrosmc script and redownload. Then start again.

What ssh client are you using?

Try:
bash install-retrosmc.sh

I’ve deleted and redownloaded a few times now. I’m using the mac terminal. I’ll try bash install-retrosmc.sh tomorrow.

I tried different thing now, to get this working, but without success! I have to start sixad manually after each boot via SSH - which sucks :wink:
Anybody else has the same problem or a solution?

Thanks in advance!

have you tried
sudo sixad --boot-yes
?

It automatically installs sixad to run on boot.

use
sudo sixad --boot-no
to disable

I have the same problem, Sixad process doesn’t start on boot. And after launch manually the process I can’t get pairer the controller. I am waiting some fix

For me it works like this (using pi3 internal Bluetooth controller)

1. Disable Bluetooth in osmc
  2. Connect to Pi trough ssh
  3. Don’t connect the PS3 controller yet
  4. Evoke
    Sudo sixpair
  5. Connect the controller trough cable
  6. After sync disconnect the cable and press Ps button
  7. evoke
    Sudo sixad --start
  8. After some secs the controller syncs trough Bluetooth (it rumbles)
  9. Ctrl-C to stop sixad
  10. Install sixad to start at boot:
    sudo sixad --boot-yes
    11 reboot

Note: to disconnect a wireless synced PS3 controller, press ps for 10secs.

The controller works when retropie is on screen, not when osmc is on.
[edit] after started retropie / emulstation the ps3 controller takes more than 10 secs to be responsive in menus.