[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Hi guys,
seems I’m having the usual gamepad setup problem…
I have an Ipega BT controller and I can see it on osmc, jstest, bluetoothctl but emulationstation just doesn’t recognize it.

I also tried to manualy add it to retroarch.cfg but no luck :frowning:

My last effort was to run joystick config and got this:

osmc@osmc:/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch$ sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
RetroArch: input_joypad_init_first: Found joypad driver: "udev".
Couldn't open joystick #0.

Also… I can’t seem to find ./retropie_setup.sh on this instalattion? can anyone point me to it?

Any ideas?

if you haven’t done it already, uninstall and reinstall retrosmc completely and try to setup the gamepad in emulationstation again.
Don’t copy any custom retroarch.cfg when doing so.

Do not delete the es_input.cfg as this will also delete the line for the automatic retroarch controller configuration in it.

Already had did that :smile:
I reconnected my controller on keyboard mode and like this I can partialy use it(no thumbsticks)

Wondering what’s keeping it from connecting in gamepad mode.

For using the analoh inputs it needs to be connected in joypad mode anyway so this is the real problem. Maybe some problem with the bluetooth stack?

doesn’t seem like it.
all the tests on bt i did run fine on gamepad mode
jstest reports keypresses.
bluetoothclt reports the gamepad as present.
any other test i can do?

Greetings. Can you make it work for the rasp pi 1 version? I mean is it difficult to port it to rasp 1? I strongly like the idea. I even tried to install it to my rasp1 (in case it worked…), i run through the whole procedure, but the retropie icon just doesn’t start…

I have the retrosmc working and i copy bios and roms from my other retropie raspi and it works, but in mame games they say me i not have configs files, please can anybody tell me where i can copy this files ???

Thanks !!!

I would really suggest looking at the RetroPie forum and use Google, this isn’t mostle about mcobit’s build that is OSMC specific, but more EmulationStation and RetroPie itself.

1 Like

Thanks Theetjuh i see the problem it’s only retrosmc use mame4all and in my other config i use advance-mame, and in emulator MSX not work joystick because fmsx not support and bluemsx yes, how can i add emulators in retrosmc ??? in retropie i can use a menu to add and update emulators … ¿?

Would be nice to add them ourself, but that is not (yet) the case.
You can ask mcobit to add them, I still want a ZX spectrum emulator, but what I read it’s still experimental, atleast the good one.

1 Like

Have you tried using the FBA emulator for MAME roms? It’s included in Retrosmc and I find better compatibility with it than with mame4all. It even runs the metal slug games if you have the necessary bios file!

Hi, i need change .emulationstation/es_systems.cfg to add emulators but i not find ¿??

Please, where is it ???

Thanksssss !!!

For anyone struggling to get NES30, SNES30, SFC30, FC30, etc. working, see this post on the 8bitdo forums on a work around I discovered.
http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-475-1-1.html

It is definitely not a bug in Retrosmc, Retropie, or emulationstation. Hopefully, 8bitdo will fix this but if not my work around is good enough for me.

i am really sorry for asking questions like that but is there any guide as to install different roms like mame?

As far as i have read it is quite complicated. Lets say for mame there are several roms. also i do not know where to put the files.

Should i ask at the retropie forums instead?

You have several mame emulators, that maken it abit difficult, but they should be placed in /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms and then the coresponding folder name, like mame4all or something.

Hi, i can´t install because i get an “mkdir: cannot create directory” error…

any solution?

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/osmc/RetroPie/backup’: Access Denied

chown: cannot access ‘/opt/retropie’: No such file or directory

chown: cannot access ‘/etc/emulationstation’: No such file or directory

Following this guy Xbox 360 Controller für Kodi und Retropie nutzen - Installation & Konfiguration unter Linux - Kodinerds.net - Deutschsprachiges Forum zum Kodi Entertainment Center

i was finally able to get my wireless xbox360 controller working across the emulators. A few mild tweaks will be necessary for some, but it’s a start. Unfortunately I can’t seem to get the controller working with OSMC now :-/

I’m happy enough with it working in the emulators though. I highly recommend that method.

Any one could help me with this?

Did you run the script with sudo?