Issue with DTS-HD and Vero4K

To anyone having the same problem, read this for peace of mind:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/1040061-official-blu-ray-player-audio-setup-thread-all-audio-questions-go-here.html#post15289437

Especially this part:

For these lossless formats to work, the Blu-Ray Player (or AVR) must uncompress the compressed audio file and then output it as PCM which can then be converted from digital to analog. This can be done either in the Blu-Ray Player (if it supports decoding the format) or it can be done in the AVR (if it supports decoding the format). From an engineering perspective there should be no difference in where this decoding is done. If the player decodes the audio and sends it as digital PCM information to the AVR, the data should be identical to what you would get if the player sent bitstream (raw DTS-MA or Dolby True-HD data) to the AVR for decoding.

This is quite an old thread. These issues should now be resolved.

Sam

Well not for me :frowning:

Can you start a new thread outlining the issue that you are experiencing, with some logs?

Thanks

Sam

I would, but itā€™s the exact same thing, really:

• The amp is of the make Marantz (a sister company of Denon)
  • The logs show 8x RAW on playback
  • Stoppping and starting videos several times may make the sound work.

What version of OSMC are you running? We fixed this only recently, so youā€™d need to be on the latest software.

I canā€™t check now because my installation is broken, however I was using the gmc-18 repo and stretch-devel repo

I donā€™t think those repos picked up the patches until recently.
It should definitely be solved in OSMC stable

Well great then! Looking forward to solving the ā€œinstall failedā€ problem, so that I can try. Thanks!

After so many months, the issue is still not fixed for me as well.
I opened this thread initially.

Huh? Thatā€™s really weirdā€¦ Weā€™ve only had positive feedback since the last audio changes which also fixed HRA for the affected (mostly Denon) users. Nobody else has reported issues with passthrough sinceā€¦

Are you on the latest stable build - the August update? Could you again post some logs, please (How to submit a useful support request)?

Unfortunately the problem still exists for me too. Please see my thread for details: DTS-HD MA passthrough doesn't work most of the time - #2 by sam_nazarko
Iā€™m using PCM for the time being.

And I still have this issue. I got used to it. I need to run the file, perhaps 5 times, so that the receiver recognizes the stream and to hear the sound. But when I click to pause, I need to do this procedure again.
But now the DC-HD HRA is properly recognized by the receiver, before it showed that it is DTS-HD MA.

Dude just disable pass-through. Read this: Issue with DTS-HD and Vero4K - #122 by yassineim

I do not want to use PCM. Iā€™d like to see DTS, Dolby in AVR :slight_smile:
DTS, DD, TrueHD works fine, only DTS-HD MA causes problems.

5 posts were split to a new topic: DTS-HD-MA not always recognised on Denon and Marantz