Missing Menu Items when using Profile Login Screen

As in title, apparently an old bug, which Sam says he fixed, but I’m still seeing. Here’s a thread on kodi forums. Sam asked me to start a new thread with a log. <-the log

I’m using Aeon Nox SIlvio and am current to-date on OSMC. So Sam’s expectation is the bug is already fixed. What I’m seeing is: when using two profiles on this skin login screen option is enabled and used, this problem occurs pretty consistently. As soon as I turn off the “login screen” option, it goes away. Here are some screen shots:

Kodi Profile-Menu Bug

Doesn’t look like the same issue.
Does the skin use Skin Shortcuts? If so – try rebuilding the menu.

You could try Kodi 18.7 from the staging repository to confirm if things improve.

Thanks. I believe it does use Skin Shortcuts. When you make a menu change it re-loads skin shortcuts. I wouldn’t know how to rebuild the menu. And if I did, that wouldn’t be a solution if it had to be done each time I switched profiles. I’ve got no clue how to try anything from a staging repository, but will try to give it a go later.

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Thank you. Updated successfully. Unfortunately still have this problem. At first thought was ok – first profile switch was ok. After that, not. Plus, using the “Logout” command froze Kodi twice requiring hard reboot. Not sure what was captured in the log, but here it is FWIW.

In this case, this is a different issue.

Sam

ok. do you have a recommendation?

I would try and reproduce it on Kodi 18.7 for Windows first and see if there’s an issue there as well.