Netflix on Vero 4K

Hi im currently running on a Raspberry PI 2 with OSMC OS and since im starting to get some troubles with it im thinking of upgrading to something else. And what ive always missed about my raspberry pi 2 is that i cant watch netflix on it.
Im very interested in getting the new Vero 4K but i saw that it currently does not support Netflix either. I was wondering if there are any plans in the very near future to add support for netflix?

We’re also likely to do an Android release soon for Vero 4K, which will give you Netflix (albeit at a lower resolution) for now.

Okey, i think ill place the order for a Vero right away, hoping it will add support for netflix! Since it sounds very promising to me. Wondering tho, when it arrives, do i need to buy an SD card, install anything or is it just plug & play?

It’s just plug and play, OSMC is preinstalled on the eMMC.
While it might help to have an SD Card if you need to reinstall OSMC

Ok thx for fast answer, also does it include wireless dongle?

Built in 802.11 ac/n/g/b WiFi with Bluetooth 4.0
See Vero - OSMC

Thanks!! placing order!

Since you mentioned it… Will android run alongside Linux or will we have to choose which one will want to use beforehand?

Same as on Vero 2: dual boot possible from SD.

1 Like

Amazing. Thanks.

Hi there

Any progress regarding dual-boot and Android running on Vero 4K?

KR Jernej

Not at this time; but I will let you know when we make progress.

Sam

1 Like

Any update on this? I just got my Vero 4K, which I plan to use as a replacement for my old WD TV Live box.

But I also use the WD TV Live to watch Netflix. If I can’t use Vero 4K to watch Netflix, what am I supposed to do?

The information here is a bit out of date. Netflix is available in our Kodi v18 test builds.

Sam

Thanks for the answer, but I have no idea what that means.

Mind you, I just got the box and have not even connected it. So I have no idea what version is on the box and what Kodi 18 test build is or where to get it.

Update: I used this post, because it was still open and I did no want to create a duplicate. I hope that’s ok.

Hi @tessus

Netflix will be possible with a new (unreleased version of Kodi).
Currently, the stable version is v17 but v18 test builds can be obtained here

When you do connect up your device you should like it. Any questions, let us know

Sam

If I were you, I’d just use the WD TV Live you already own to watch Netflix, and use Vero 4K for things Kodi supports!

If you’re looking for something that gives you all the apps available in a general-purpose consumer-oriented box, Vero 4K probably isn’t it. If you want the quality and versatility this box offers in terms of supporting your TV’s native refresh rates, a/v codecs, and so on, AND all those apps, there is probably no perfect solution. I doubt Vero (at least on Linux) will ever run any service-specific apps like Amazon video, Hulu, Netflix, and so on. Even if Android becomes a reality, it seems doubtful Netflix would ever be 4K or even HD, since I believe that requires licensing.

But I love my Vero for providing unparalleled support and videophile/audiophile quality for the various formats of the videos I own. If I want to watch Netflix or Amazon video or whatever, I just switch to my old Fire TV. Most TVs made in the last 7 or 8 years have all these apps built in, too.

Hmm, I can watch Netflix HD on my browser, can’t I? Kodi would only have to support Netflix via the web interface, or am I missing something here?

There are test builds for Amazon Video and Netflix already.
More will come later.