OSMC arrives for original Apple TV

There are no plans for any other Apple TVs for the indefinite future.

Sam

1 Like

Mine too. Besides, the display keeps flickering every few seconds. BTW, how to zoom to fit the full screen? I am using 21:9 disply of a 29" dell. Thanks.

This is interesting. Just curious how well does it run.
Iā€™ve long since ditched the AppleTV for the Pi. Will it run better or the same on the ATV?

Is there any advantage to it over the Pi? Or disadvantages?

Installed on USB stick. On this stick (USB2 - similar to the USB ports on the aTV1) install is too slow for most quality divisions above MQ. I read somewhere that using a USB3 stick would result in better performance - something to do with maxing out the USB2 portā€¦?

For comparison XBMC 13.1 on aTV1 runs in full 1080p without glitches.

Am definitely waiting for a detailed SSH installation or a Mac OSX installer for hdd.

Still a happy camper, though. Itā€™s beautiful work.

Hi Sam:
Thanks for releasing the OSMC for ATV platform. I was waiting for this release since the day (almost year now) you announced about it.

I have installed it on the very first day. It is running running alright.

Wont repeat few thing which are already mentioned on this forum.

The one other thing I have experience is - I have a XML file with multiple regex codes, I am using Livestreams Pro, and the links in XML play smoothly in CrystalBuntu, but dont play on OSMC-ATV.

Once again thank you for releasing the ATV-OSMC.

Hi sam,
I installed the OSMC on my ATV1 but it is not completing the installation process after repeated attempts. I have loaded the USB and then HDD modes tooā€¦ please helpā€¦

hi sam

Iā€™ve succefuly installed OSMC on my ATV using the HDD image.
However once rebooting my ATV after installtion is finished (and removing the USB stick) the setup starts all over again.

it only goes to Kodi once the the machine is rebooted with the USB stick plugged in.

how can I fix this?
simon

Please search: the hard drive install for AppleTV is not ready yet. You can only use a USB installation for now, unless you undertake some manual steps

A post was split to a new topic: SVideo Out on ATV1?

A post was split to a new topic: ATV HDD Install Stuck

Please view or place support requests in the AppleTV subforum, rather than asking for support in the Release News thread. Thanks.