OSMC Initial Release for ATV1, Installation Help Thread

i guess it is the most popular request.
so, please, +1 from me :smiley:

That would be great!
Thanks Sam!!

Great news!

Iā€™ve been trying to find information on how to do it manually but I donā€™t have the skills.

HDD install will be great so we can use the usb port to load extra storage!

1 Like

Hi guys, why is the Apple download icon greyed off, you click but no give. ?

Which Apple download icon you mean?
On the download page the top icons are just for showing the supported devices they are all not downloadable.
You basically will download an installer for the machine you use to create the USB Stick and this section is below.
Please be aware that the current OS X Installer is not been updated to support ATV

You can download the installer by clicking the link. But it wonā€™t work for aTV just yet.

Sam

It still ainā€™t working for me Sam. ?

Iā€™ll need to know a bit more than that. Whatā€™s not working? What OS did you use? Do you have an internal disk?

Sam

Sorry Sam, had a late night last night, Iā€™ve been clicking the ATV 1 Grey box instead of the Windows downloader.
got it now. Thanks a bundle Sam , your a top man.

Good to hear youā€™re up and running now

Sam

Thank you Sam :slight_smile:

I have an old 42" JVC TV (Model: LT-42P789) that goes blank after the OSMC flash page when booting my ATV1. I was told that I need to edit xorg.conf file in order to fix this problem. Iā€™ve searched other forums trying to figure out what to change, but itā€™s all foreign to me. I even tried to copy the xorg.conf file from crystalbuntu (which works fine with this TV). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

This link has details about my TV: 42" Class (42.0" Diagonal) TeleDock LCD TV - LT-42P789 - Introduction

Just a heads up to all my fellow mac users, ATV1 OSX installer is up now

Thanks Sam!! Im going to donate again right now because youā€™ve been busting your ass.

Hope other people do too.

Cheers.

There are still a couple of things to fix up in the Mac installer, but it is getting there.

And yes ā€“ the AppleTV hasnā€™t been trivial to get up and running. Itā€™s been over a month of continuous development since October, working on bits that were done last April / May

Thank you so much Sam for making it possible to keep this box up and running! What this experience is teaching is that I should start learning more about this stuff! Once again thanks for putting up with my sometimes convoluted babbling.

Cheers!

Sam, Spinner, has the old forum been merged with the OSMC forum ? I ask, because I believe Spinner wrote a great post in the CB forum that clearly outlined how to edit edid in response to a question I posted (I think it was called an idiots guide to editing the edid). I see there have been few people running into problems with blank screens and garbled video. I had the same issue on one TV via HDMI, but it worked fine on another (via HDMI). If you can find that post and dump it, I think it would help.

nuggyblake

Hi there!

Thank you Sam for all your hard work! I might be new to you but I was following this for some time and are very excited about your work! Canā€™t wait for the HDD installation.

Hi

Yes ā€“ the old forums are abandoned, but Googling with ā€œsite:forum.osmc.tvā€ will still get you most posts if you go via cached browsing.

Sam

im also waiting for at HDD install for the ATV1 :sunglasses:

Hopefully you have more success with finding them on google than i did with archive.org
I was trying to pull some of the old CB tutorials from there a couple days ago.
I usually keep local copies of that type of stuff, but I canā€™t find the darn things on my backup drive.

I wandered away from the forums, and computers in general, for a long time. I came back just when Sam announced that he was going to have an ATV build soon. So unfortunately I didnā€™t get a chance to archive the the various tutorials people created. :frowning: