OSMC Release Candidate

Ok, so we have to start from the scratch… but it is sure that from rc to final we won’t have to do it all over again?

Is anyone reading my post ? :slight_smile:

I cannot see the option “Spanish QWERTY” at Keyboard Layout :frowning:

sorry :relaxed:

Is it possible to configure two network adapters with following configuration:

adapter 1: wired connection with IPTV stream without internet
adapter 2: wireless connection with internet
If I turn both adapters, wired connection seems to have priority, my IPTV streams work, but there is no internet.
If I turn off wired adapter and only wifi adapter is turned on, internet connection works.

Forgot to mention: I tested this on Rpi2 with latest RC version of OSMC.

You could try editing /etc/connman.conf and changing SingleConnectedTechnology=true to false.

This hasn’t been tested though…

Thank you very much for your tip. I will test this and report results!

Congratulations on this release, and thanks to the whole team for all your hard work.
It’s much appreciated! :smile:

Probably best to open a new thread for this, as it’s likely to be a common question.
In general with latest kernel if you use devices that talk to external hardware you should enable through device tree. See:

The plan is to use the osmc settings add-on to enable things like this, but I’m not sure if this is supported yet.
You can certainly add the options manually.

Is it possible to configure two network adapters with following configuration:

• adapter 1: wired connection with IPTV stream without internet
  • adapter 2: wireless connection with internet

If I turn both adapters, wired connection seems to have priority, my IPTV streams work, but there is no internet.
If I turn off wired adapter and only wifi adapter is turned on, internet connection works.
You could try editing /etc/connman.conf and changing SingleConnectedTechnology=true to false.

This hasn’t been tested though…

Hello.

This setting helped me and changed this: PreferredTechnologies=wifi,ethernet

I also had to add correct route:

sudo route add -net x.y.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 dev eth0

Just one more thing and it will be perfect: where is best place to put sudo route add command, so it is applied after every restart? /etc/init.d/rc.local ?

Thank you for the clear explanation. I saw I had the correct version displayed and was tempted to leave it be but now I understand. Installing RC as I type.

Thanks to the whole team for this effort. A release like this isn’t trivial and it is cool it got released on Pi Day 3.1415.

You’ll be able to multi-boot when our image is in NOOBS, just like you could with Raspbmc

S

As @popcornmix says, you likely need to just enable the Device Tree Overlay. This should be possible from My OSMC

Sam

Very nice RC … Setup was flawless and wireless worked from the first boot.

Thanks

Thank you for your hard work!

:heart_eyes:

Hi there,
I was wondering the same and have giving it a try (also using a RPI2). It works!! The setup is a bit different than with A4. The way I got it to work was through My OSMC → Hardware support → soundcard_dac. Here I choose Hifiberry-dac-overlay. And afterwards I used the config editor beneath and changed “dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac-overlay” to “dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus” (change to the model you have got).

First impressions of the RC is very good. I´ve also thing the font size is too big, but that a minor issue. Booting time is very impressive and it seem very responsive so far. :slight_smile:

Thank you, works now. I did a a tipping error in config.txt at first, that’s why SPi wasn’t enabled.

Well done, flawless install, all seems to work. There are still some menus where selection does not scroll but menu items scroll instead, for example in a dialog where I choose which subtitle service to use. Also in others, I don’t remember now which. Also endless scrolling would be nice…
But overall, OSMC feels better now, I will try to stay with it and not switch to Confluence.
Thank you for your hard work.

How about Netflix in this release? Any news on updates on implementing Netflix in Vero?

No news or updates on netflix.