OSMC's December update is here - OSMC

Multiple reboots later, no change. Any particular suggestions on logs to look at?

Maybe check if UPnP has been disabled. Otherwise, please start a new thread with debug logs.

Sorry if Iā€™ve missed it but what is the improved 3D MVC playback?

ISO playback is improved and we also fixed some bugs.

Hi. Iā€™m on vero4k and since the december update the device no longer turns on the tv when activated.

I have no power saving features enabled on the device, just the screensaver that dims the screen to black after a while and it used to happen that, when I would hit a button on the remote and the screensaver turned off, my TV would also turn ON from the standby. Now it no longer does it.

Has something changed in that regard with kodi itself or osmc? How to trobleshoot such a behavior?

CEC hasnā€™t changed for some time, which version did you update from?

The previous one, I use the device almost daily and keep it updated when an update message pops up.

And I dont think anything changed on the TV side as this morning it turned on, and this afternoon after the update I noticed this different behaviour.

Ok, sorry for bothering you. I fixed the issue by shutting down the device and restaring it.
Previously I only rebooted without solving the problem.

Now it behaves as it should.

Hello Chillbo, thank you. Seems to me, that i have the same issue like this one: Epg genre
Of course there are differences in getting the epg (for me German TV schedules, for gromgsxr british TV schedules) and using different pvr backends (for me simple IPTV, for gromgsxr a different one), but the resulting issue on the User experience Level with osmc is the same. Is there a Chance in solving this?

Regards
Stefan

Iā€™m a little confusedā€¦ Youā€™re pointing to a thread thatā€™s more than 6 years old and itā€™s never been mentioned again - to my knowledge. If this was an OSMC related issue, weā€™d have to investigate again, with logs, etc. Please open a new thread regarding this, if youā€™re convinced itā€™s something we should be looking into and not Kodi devs.

Form the skin side, I can only say that genre colours are purely based on what our skin gets fed by the PVR backend and Kodi. Nothing I as a skinner can do about it really :thinking:

Thanks this fixed this issue for me as well. As a side note for others, separate profiles can have their own guisettings.xml, so the paths will need to be adjusted and ran for each profile.

Tried a little bit with the text mapping from my epg xml file with the defined epg categories (and colors) in the pvr iptv simple documentation. found myself in having a colored epg but (compared with the kodi default estuary skin) with lots of washed out colors, but this seems to be the way it is, isnā€™t it?

Great that you could get this working!

The colours are the same as the ones Kodiā€™s Estuary uses, but theyā€™re adjusted when it comes to opacity for our own needs :+1:t3: