OSMC's July update is here

1 Like

I do have 2 types of source streams only: 576p and 720p

It’s not actually the resolution of the stream that matters - or not directly, anyway - it’s the output resolution. For example, if you have a 480i/60 video you might want to output that as 1080p/24 or 2160p/24 in order to eliminate 3:2 judder. In that case (if the video is 4:3) you’d want to use the Normal value for the global setting (until Graham’s fix is released).

Obviously if the video is 720p or higher then the output resolution will also be 720p or higher.

I wasn’t able to replicate the problem on a fresh installation, so I think the issue is not related to July release. I guess I’ll have to setup my system from scratch. Thanks.

Hi Sam. Can you please provide a more accurate ETA on an OSMC release for Pi 4? Are we talking within a week or a month down the line? I just got my first pi (pi 4) so please bear with me while my excitement cools down. I got two SD cards and wanted to watch movies on one and play NES games on the other. I got the NES controllers and everything yesterday only to learn that none of that works yet lol. I even had to run around town for a couple of hours to find a micro hdmi cable (thought I had one and didn’t buy it with the pi). While hunting for the cable, I found a woman sleeping in her SUV with her 5ish yr old kid in the back in mall’s parking lot so I knocked on her window to make sure she was okay and she went ballistic for waking her up. People started gathering and some thought I tried to “do” something to her or her kid. Scariest day my life. The point of me rambling on is… PLEASE give me good news. Thanks.

1 Like

It will be released when it’s ready. It’s being actively worked on. I don’t have a firm ETA presently.

Sam

1 Like

Thanks Sam. I didn’t mean it to sound of as a firm date but more as an approximation of time that you think it would take. You can probably tell if a project would take a a few weeks to finish vs. a few months from the amount of work needed. Either way, it seems buying the rpi4 at this time was a hasty decision. Thanks again for the reply.

Just install LibreElec on the Pi4 until OSMC is ready.

I’ll admit it’s not perfect, but its working.

I have already given as firm a date as possible in the blog post

Cheers

Sam

I checked their website yesterday and didn’t see anything mentioned about it working on a Pi4. Thanks for the heads up!

I might have missed it then. IIRC, the timeframe I read in the blog was “soon”. For me, that feels a bit vague.

By design… The team is not prepared to provide any tighter timeframe at this time.

https://libreelec.tv/raspberry-pi-4/

Just keep in mind it’s an alpha release.

I think he’s talking about LE. They have a blog post about this.

They’ve adapted MMAL with GBM but as it has a short expiration date we will go for GBM and SW decode, then V4L2 when it becomes available.

S

Hey Sam,

Since I did the update some of the words on the menu pages are simply replaced with crosses. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks
Steve

Hi! I dont want to be boring but there are any news for the RP4 image? I came gere everyday just to see if I cant get the new image to out ir um my RP :slight_smile:

When it’s ready, there will be a blog post.

Ok thanks Ill keep waiting eagerly :wink:

I had a similar problem with the interface with the crosses and other odd characters after the upgrade. The fix was to reset the skin settings. Go to:

System -> Interface -> Skin -> Reset above settings to default

This fixed mine. I only had the problem on 1 of my 4 Vero 4K+ units.