OSMC's July update lands (a little late) with Kodi 15

Yes. You are missing to read what is arguably not an overly long thread with an excellent search function, which, if utilised would have revealed that this very question was asked and answered two days ago:

Also this has been touched on in other topics - The version that kodi reports isn’t really central as OSMC sort of rolls its own versions, of course based off of the main branch but incorporating loads of other patches.

1 Like

Hi,

Will there be any images available for download? Or is this new version of OSMC only available by downloading the latest image an performing an upgrade?

Kind regards

There is a bug in the initial walk through that runs to select language etc which has delayed release of the new image while we work on fixing that - however upgrading from the previous version will give you the same end result, so the only real difference is it will take a bit longer due to the upgrade installation time.

We will now be waiting until the OSMC August update before producing another image

Sam

Hi DBMandrake,

Thank you for your swift response :smile:

Will there be any changes in the “first-run” stage of those - soon to be - images?

Kind regards,

a very satisfied Raspbmc user thats looking for an upgrade :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, if things go to plan we should be making a fair few (significant) changes.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Any chance those changes will be involving an adjusted network setup (in particular vlan configuration)?

Kind regards,

fuxjezz

No – networking should be OK. I’m not sure about what your setup may entail, but you should be OK

Sam

Thank you. I tried to search for it but didn’t really find the answer. My bad. Thanks again.

Tried a manual update last night and it crashed my Vero. I’ve just tried to re-flash the card that came with the Vero but the card is dead. So much for Sandisk being a quality product. I’ve also tried plugging in an optical cable only to find that it doesn’t fit. Sorry for the grumbles, but for the money I paid I thought I was going to get a stable, flexible system that my wife wouldn’t moan about. As it is, she pointed out last night that Vero runs slow a lot and now with the crash I’m back to square one. I think I’m going to try OSMC on my Rasp Pi 2 and see if it is more stable.Disappointed.

Hi Sam,

I remember that you were talking to embed a web browser. It will be made available ?

:smile:

The Ocelot web browser is still being developed

Sam

Your card is probably not dead --SanDisks are quite reliable, but if it is, we can replace it for you

Sam

Sorry for the early morning grumps. The card is def dead as it will not read or format across windows, Ubuntu, my phone or in a camera. Could not ssh into vero. Serves me right for not exporting my library. Not to worry. I’ve ordered a new card and will start again…

SanDisks are pretty reliable, so that sucks. You should be able to post them the card and get a replacement as well as it has a lifetime warranty.

Sam

I had another update this morning, is there a changelog? :stuck_out_tongue:

No – it was likely the PVR addon fix from a couple of days ago

Sam

Thanks so much Sam et al.

OSMC is looking really really unbreakable now!

Thanks for info on which version of Kodi OSMC is running.

Most of all thanks for the reminder about the MySQL DB. Because I share Kodi over so many devices this is always the headache! One of the greatest features of Kodi let down by my bad management when I transfer across config settings after upgrading.

A nice and timely reminder.

Cheers all

1 Like

it’s really very very slow in china to update via apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, how about to add a mirror in asia or share the image to avoid upgrade via cli

Please do not double post. I have replied to your other post

Sam