Profile problem with 2015.09 - 2

Hi Sam et al. As usual, firstly, THANKS! OSMC is really brilliant on the Pi.

BUT I seem to have a problem. I am trying to update all my Pi’s around the house to latest release. The first Pi I have tried to experiment with keeps hitting the same problem after 4 tries (SD card wiped and new OSMC install).

All goes well until I try to set up a profile. After experiments it is when I set a login to a profile in settings. As soon as I do that and ‘login’ there are no text graphics for the main menu items in Kodi. If I ‘uncheck’ the login option then ‘Voila’ everything is back to normal. I have manually scanned for updates to see if this has been fixed but I am fully up to date.

Can you help and totes able to supply log files, just not sure which ones you would like!

cheers

What happens if you try to set up the profiles in the confluence skin?

Ah sorry. I always forget vital info! This is with confluence I’ll see what happens with osmc skin.

Problem is only with Confluence. Profile seems okay with osmc skin!

Okay so I would like to put my cards on the table now.

I don’t mind the osmc skin but our family still are used to confluence and prefer using it.

My dilemma. After 4 installs and some playing about the issue is definitely with Profiles and Confluence skin. I have my first Pi all set up and working as I like with profiles etc on latest osmc build with osmc skin.

I am dreading trying to change the skin to Confluence as that is what broke everything the previous 3 times (sad face on boot) and then having to re-install a 5th time.

Is there any reason why using Confluence with Profiles should break anything? Have I just been unlucky? Is there any further information I can provide to see if it can be fixed? Many thanks

Is this the same issue?

Hi ActionA. No this doesn’t sound the same. I am willing to potentially sacrifice my working build again in order to get a screenshot. Is there a way I can do this with osmc on the Pi? There are basically no main menu items text. i.e. Movies | Pictures | Programs etc there is no text for these. However the text does appear for the sub-menu items like add-ons!

I had the same issue with maximinimalism skin, decided to go back to 1 profile

That is good to know it is not just me! Our family relies on having multiple profiles. At least it works with osmc skin. Be good to find a solution though.

I know you guys (and gals) are busy
and there is so much stuff to do
but sometimes getting lost in threads
makes me wonder what to do

You offer osmc as my pi priority
yet when I ask for backup
I get lost in the Q

BEAT

Are you only selling
OSMC as a Vero selling point
Or would you like to answer
to my little fading skin
Profiles
Confluence
Fucked
Where do I begin?

You can begin there. You should also consider that most Kodi functions, such as your issue would seem to be dependent on, is not specific to OSMC. Without _debug enabled_logs that demonstrate the issue and at least some basic description on how your pi is used and what it is connected to we have no indication that this is an OSMC problem or any data to use to even begin to attempt to determine a cause.

Not very helpful ActionA. Why are you resortng to your standard cut and and past reply when you did that already 8 posts ago?

Good luck with your problem then pal…

Okay. Think you may have changed your original post and tweaked. I’ll go with that.So on record seems like profiles and default confluence skin got broke with Kodi 15? Weird 'cos I haven’t seem any mention of that on Kodi forum? Can you tell me where it is broke there? Thanks

Please don’t get angry with me. Here to help :slight_smile: Pal WTF? :wink:

I don’t have a clue, I don’t use profiles.

??? Dear very beautiful person so if you don’t use profiles WHY are you talking to me??? Very nice ActionA?

Because I do have a bit of experience reading logs… But alas…

No alas. I read every post you write. You are brilliant. It may have not answered my question tonight but hey. Good night’s sleep for all of us. Thank you

OK so I am back again.I am a human. I get frustrated. OSMC is fab. I really appreciate all of the work that Sam and you lot do. But I am getting old. Troubleshooting these things is not as much fun for me as it was say 20 years ago. I can try logs. Logs are not usually a problem. UNLESS the whole system breaks and I can’t boot my Pi. Can’t boot my Pi NO SSH. No ‘nuffin’ as my daughter would say :smile: So I now have everything working as I would like with the osmc skin. If I switch to Confluence it may well break again and my Pi will just give me sad face on boot. At that point HOW can I supply a log file? I can’t log into the ‘bloody thing’ as it constantly goes into reboot? Please oh wise one tell me what to do?