Regarding Steamlink

Thanks for your response! But the problem is, is that I don´t see an addon thumbnail or anything like that to click on despite OSMC saying that it was installed successfully. Is that the correct way to start it? I’ve looked under the Games tab but there’s nothing there, it only asks me to add games. Sorry, I’m fairly new to Raspberry Pi and all that comes with it.

it isnt under the games its under programs for the time being.

Thanks, mate! This worked.

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you

hi everyone, not sure if this is related to the steamlink launcher, just trying to reach out to as many places as possible…

I am running steamlink launched with the osmc launcher on a 3b+, using ps3 controllers connected to the 3b+. I can connect to my pc fine, the steam interface everything works fine, controller working, but as soon as I launch the game…

a mouse cursor appears in the top left quadrant of the screen, and i can see it stuttering (as in it micro moves consistently in position). I believe the game i am trying to play (overcooked 2) detects that cursor movement, so i cant select anything/extremely hard to select anything with the D pad. I can actually move the cursor with my controllers thumb sticks, but it will only move within the confines of a square, and as soon as I stop input on the thumb stick it will go back to its original location. The same thing happens when I move the mouse connected to my PC, cannot move outside this weird square and will default back.

I have tried running steam as administrator, configuring the controller such that both thumb sticks are disabled, turning off my computer mouse, and unplugging the keyboard that I have connected to the pi. I use scptoolkit on my pc for the ps3 controllers and I turned it off (or left it on) while trying steam link, neither causes any change. i have playstation, xbox, and generic controller support turned on in steam.

the controller works exactly as expected in big picture mode, moving the thumb stick causes a cursor to show up and it disappears when i press the D-pad. When the game launches though, the cursor pops up and never goes away; it keeps stuttering, sending commands to the game and making it unplayable. What is causing this and how do I fix this? Are my thumbsticks faulty? If they are, why would turning the thumb sticks off in controller config not fix it?

I have tried overriding high dpi settings (desktop runs 4k, TV is 1080p). Not happening. I also tried launching overcooked 2 then starting steamlink, the weird cursor issue happens again.

thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, I’ve recently reinstalled OSMC on a couple of my Pi 3B+ along with the latest 0.0.6a SteamLink but am unable to replicte the Steam Controller “control” I used to have…

With the SteamController USB dongle plugged into Pi the SteamLink application works great, with the SteamController working perfectly within this app.

However 6months - 1year ago the Steam controller also worked perfectly when controlling the main menu interface of OSMC (scrolling through Movies - TVshows - Music etc menus down to Programs and then starting SteamLink) but now this isn’t working for me. It’s no big thing as can control OSMC menus using Yatse app on my phone but was nice to have the Steam Controller doing everything…

Is there a way to have Steam Controller (dongle connected to Pi3B+) control EVERYTHING, not just after SteamLink app launched?

Thanks in advance

I don’t own one and I don’t know if it’s picked up by the system, but here you have a " Steam controller driver for Kodi"

Just saw that it’s in the Matrix Nigthliy, so i dont know if it’s poisible to have it running in kodi 18

that driver is in the OSMC (kodi) repo unless @sam_nazarko has removed it but i doubt that and yes its in the kodi matrix repo for version 19

couldn’t find it in my Leia install, might be my eyes though

Edit: trying to build the addon now

Well there is a dependency on an API change in Kodi, which is patchable in 18.8, but that depends on another patch and so on, so you would be patching Kodi 18.8 to 19 almost.

This could be done, but I think there is to much work for me to get it running in 18.8, when i don’t even have the possibility to test the driver once i got it compiled.

Sop w8 till stable 19 is released or start using nightlys.

Hi there,

I’m totally noob with OSMC. I used to use Librelec, but as I wanted to install steamlink on my raspberry pi, I’m giving a try to OSMC.

I have a Raspi2, and, when I try to install steamlink via apt-get, the package doesn’t exist. I found out on the internet and it seems that steamlink is only available for raspi3 or 4. Is that correct? I want to be sure before updating my raspberry.

Also, I’ve read in this thread, that with the new version of the launcher addon, steamlink is installed automatically, isn’t it?

Thanks

it is so just download the zip and install it in kodi and it will all boot up just fine it might take a while for steamlink to download.

But I must do that with Raspi3, it will not work with my current Raspi2. Is that correct?

Haven’t tried with a rpi2 but I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work

I’m trying to install the plugin using the files in the “dev” branch, but the zip installation fails due to “invalid file structure” in the zip. I try to replicate the structure of the latest releases (0.0.6a and 0.0.6), but it is still failing.
How can I build a correct release based on dev branch?

Don’t use dev use releases

I tried to install the last release on LibreElec, and it didn’t work due to “sudo” issue.
I found an old issue in the repo regarding to this sudo problem, and you suggested to use “dev” branch, that is the reason why I try with “dev” branch too.
I want to install it on LibreElec. How I need to proceed, and how I can help you testing it (if you need help)?

well ive mainly given up on libreelec due to it being so closed off, but there is another guy thats rewritten my inital addon for librelec

but i have no idea if it works if you want support for head of to the librelec forum and talk to em there

New version for Kodi 19 if and when its out since im not using OSMC (actually on plex and chromecast gen 4) i thought i bump the addon so its up to date

gonna bump it again due to rewrite of hyperion fix and cleaning up and linting of the bash syntax, and as usual if you got any questions post em here or if you have a bug to report use the tracker on github.

1 Like

RPI4 is now officially supported from Valve so feel free to use the launcher if you got an RPI4