September update killed plex on my Vero 4K+

I just made an account to come here to post this. My daughter updated by accident (I never update anything until a few months have passed and I have vetted the stability) and now my Plex is dead in the water. Ive had to fire up my old Roku. Ill keep reading to see if theres a fix or a way to roll back. I hate when this stuff happens.

LEGEND!!!

Just got my Plex working again, worked perfectly.
Thanks man.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the solution Darwindesign, it works perfectly for me.
Best regards

1 Like

I ran this last night on mine and insta-fix! Thank you so much!

It might be worth noting that for people like me that only really use the Vero4K+ via the PfK add-on like this, you need to set up traditional Kodi file share access before you can browse to get this from any network location. Using PfK does not require any manual Kodi share setup so many may have not ever done this. I had done that set up on mine already but some folks may not and it will be a bit more complicated to follow these steps. I donā€™t recall if there is a USB port or something on the Vero that this file could be put on but if so would that work as well?

1 Like

I just put the file on a USB drive and plugged it into the Vero, it has 2 usb ports, one for the remote dongle and one for storage.

I will say though the Sept update is a tad buggier in general then previous updates. Iā€™ve had it hang up on HDMI-CEC and lock up a few random times for no reason so even if you take out this update breaking Plex it still seems buggier then going from Kodi 18 to Kodi 19. Hope future updates correct the bugginess and bring the vero back to near perfect operation.

It can be put on a thumb drive or SD card and when you browse for it you would navigate to root>media>[your mount name]>[zip file]

One could also just transfer it via the network to their home folder so for example in Windows you would open Explorer (Win Key+E) and in the address bar type in \\[IP address of player]\osmc and hit enter and then drag and drop the file into that window. In Kodi you would navigate to root>home folder>[zip file]

1 Like

As Sam said, thank you so much for going above and beyond to fix this issue. I truly appreciate it. Thank you for being such a kind user in this community and helping others out!

2 Likes

Iā€™m having no luck with this. My Vero was auto-starting into Plex, I would see a swirling in the center and then the video will go out and become unresponsive.

I uninstalled Plex. Reinstalled the .zip file above. Re-linked my account. Got my videos to show up. As soon as I select anything the exact same thing happensā€“just a swirling in the center for about 5 seconds and then the video goes out and the system is unresponsive.

I just want to use Plex! I donā€™t have anything else installed on the Vero.

Can I just go back to an earlier version of Kodi. This is why I left Kodi in the first place. Every time there is an update they always break something.

Help, pleaseā€¦

Brian

You would need to perform a clean install to downgrade. There is a download link at the top of the page.

This doesnā€™t sound like the issue this thread is addressing. You could start a new thread and provide debug logs and maybe someone could figure something out.

Ok. Iā€™ll do that. If I do downgrade will I still have to install the plex add on from the .zip or will it work with the normal version?

B.

If you downgrade to the previous build the Plex add-on in the Kodi repository should function as it had been. There is no guarantee this is going to fix whatever your issue is though as clearly the modded zip seems to be functioning for everyone else which would seem to indicate in issue laying somewhere else. You could also try on the newest build the unofficial add-on someone has linked there, or maybe try the Composite add-on.

@darwindesign Thank you so much for modifying the plex for kodi plugin so it keeps working. Without it I would not be able to enjoy watching movies and tv shows anymore. Thanks again.

2 Likes

@swanlee @alex.james.smith @lotusaurus @Olivier75009 @darwindesign @lotusaurus @MadVet @adam4 @b00mer @ruttagger

The brand new osmc june update comes with kodi 20. I was wondering if anyone knows if this new kodi 20 will work with the current plex addon for kodi. I am reading some negative stories on the plex forum that plex for kodi addon 0.3.5 does not work on kodi 20.

With regards

Victor

I use the patched version of the addon and I didnā€™t encountered any issue with it so far.

Which version is that? And are you also talking about kodi 20.1

Yes, I am on 20.1 and I use the patched up version of the addon. I installed it as soon as it was posted and never had to touch (install or configure) it again. I just use it. Although I am starting to think about ditching it and going full OSMC/Kodi for playback.

Were can i find this patched version?

It seems to be working fine for me. The Patched version (Iā€™m assuming we are talking about the one I made) was for the version before 0.3.5 and that just fixed up a python change. Since that time the add-on was updated in Kodiā€™s repository and that fix was included. Anyone running the patched version that was posted here would have automatically updated and most likely not noticed as the UI didnā€™t change.

1 Like

You are right. I just updated my vero with the june update. And the plex addon for kodi is working fine.
Thanks

1 Like

I have reset and updated my Vero 4K+ to the latest version and cannot get Plex to work, I have tried the latest official add-on and this patched version "script.plex-0.3.4.1.zip and nothingā€¦Does anybody know a way to get plex working?

Thanks.