Basically what I expected happened.

osmc@osmc:~$ cd /mnt/Video
-bash: cd: /mnt/Video: No such device
osmc@osmc:~$ cd /mnt/
osmc@osmc:/mnt$ ls -a
. … Video
osmc@osmc:/mnt$ cd /Video/
-bash: cd: /Video/: No such file or directory

The folder has been created. It is the code in fstab that is incorrect. The folder has been created but it is now supposed to be virtually linked to my download folder. But since the error OSMC cannot access that folder that virtual link fails and the system cannot open it.

osmc@osmc:~$ cd /mnt
osmc@osmc:/mnt$ ls -a
. … Ps3 Video

I have 2 folder in /mnt: Video and Ps3

osmc@osmc:/mnt$ cd Video
osmc@osmc:/mnt/Video$ ls -a
. …
osmc@osmc:/mnt/Video$

If the folder is created successfully you can enter it…then if it empty…is another question…

just tried another setting…

osmc@osmc:~$ cd /mnt/Video
osmc@osmc:/mnt/Video$ ls
Immagini Musica Mp3 suonerie
Download Golf Multimedia Virtual Machines
osmc@osmc:/mnt/Video$

all visible…

and this is my fstab:

//192.168.1.2/Archivio /mnt/Video cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,username=osmc,password=osmc 0 0

I think the solution for your computer does not work for mine :frowning:

I am surprised that there aren’t others posting about this. Do I have to find old versions of this to make it work and simply turn off the updates?

I’m sorry Phoenix, I don’t have any other idea…
I’m pretty sure other users can help you…

Have read this 3d: Can't reach my SMB shares after the last OSMC update! - #13 by chrissas ?

Maybe you can find useful information…

After a fresh install on RPI3, I can’t samba mount my Apple Time Capsule anymore.

Strange, because I use the exact same line (copy/paste) from /etc/fstab on
another OSMC (exact same version) which works perfectly.

The error I get is:
mount error(112): Host is down

The only difference that I can see is that the OSMC which works is an updated
version of a previous install.

And the OSMC which doesn’t work is a new install.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Niall.

This is almost certainly a connectivity issue within your network. Try rebooting the TC and/or your router?

turns out the TC had an alert: firmware update required.
Did the fw update, and all working perfectly now :slight_smile:

Thanks ActionA …!

Best regards,
Niall.

Hi Could you please paste your fstab with the option to mount the Time Capsule?
I’ve tried tonight with the external usb hdd attached to the Time Capsule but nothing happens…

Here is my fstab:

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults,noatime 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0

//192.168.1.1/MULTIMEDIA /mnt/Video cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,username=My\040Long\040Username,password=mypassword 0 0

192.168.1.1 is the time capsule fixed ip, MULTIMEDIA is the attached hdd…

Thanks!

here you go …

//192.168.1.101/Data /mnt/ap cifs user=myUser,pass=myPswd,rw,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

thanks…but it doesn’t mount…:scream:

tried this one and it is ok

//192.168.1.1/MULTIMEDIA /mnt/Video cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,username=myuser,password=mypw,sec=ntlm 0 0

Maybe that’s because it is an external USB-attached drive?
I’m just mounting the built-in drive on the Time Capsule.

No I don’t think so…

I’ve seen in you fstab there is not the option to “automount”…
When you go to file browser the Time Capsule mount itself automatically?

With mine fstab yes, I just browse and as soon I reach the folder I hear the HDD attached to the Time Capsule spin up and show me its content…

Hi,

Your post worked perfectly for me, I’m running the latest OSMC on a Raspberri Pi, couldn’t connect “operation not permitted” and after doing what your post says. It works perfectly.

Thanks! This helped me.

Hey! I got the same problemen and manually adding the computer name & user name & pw, did work: //COMPUTERNAME. After that, the location is added and you can browse.
Good luck fellas!

Hi obtain a similar issue today… I know it’s an old thread but from today i obtain “Operation not permitted” when try to access to my smb windows shared folder i ever use in the pass.

I have deleted the old sources from kodi and i have reacreated… from windows i need, again, to disable, the passwdord shared folder preferences from “Advaced setting of sharing” inside control panel.
After that… all it’s back to works whitout any problems.

I don’t have idea…

But i need to ask some help because today i re-obtain “Operation not permitted”.

Yesterday it’s work… today not.

EDIT
I have also check on windows setting and there’s nothigs changed… simply no more works.

EDIT 2
I have also read some old reply here.
I have created a news user on my pc… osmc osmc how it’s suggested. I have tryed but it’s not works!

I obtain immediatelly “Operation not permitted” whitout any advice.

Hi Fausto!
Have you tried this?

That resolved my issues after the updates.

No… but it’s no my idea to use somethigs differer like ngs mount or similar. Usually i use the smb share only for download or install addons by zip download on my pc.
Usually for video or audio files i copy all file using FTP from pc to a usb pendrive attached to my pi.

Meantime apparently this little trouble it’s resolve… for now i have only switched the Client SMB from SMBv3 -> SMBv2. I need a restart and it’s works. I have again reselect SMBv3 and apparently now all it’s works.