Stuttering video 2

Dear Sam,

The stuttering issue is well described in this older thread:

In February this year, I received 2x Vero 4k+, which replaced my older Vero 2.
I noticed the stuttering as well on the new devices, which was not the case with the Vero 2.
I decided to wait for the kodi 18 update, hoping this would solve the issue, which was not the case.

My setup:

• Vero 4k+
  • 4 port USB 2.0 Powered Hub
  • portable external hard drive (2TB)
  • portable external hard drive (4TB)
  • LG OLED55B6V

Adjust Refresh Rate enabled or sync frame rate did not help.
My media is stored on portable hard drives, Buffering is not an issue I think because it may happen with media files of smaller bit rate than those where it does not happen (8600 kb/s).

I managed to capture the stuttering with my smart phone, not sure to where i should upload for you (if you want to see this).

Not sure if it only occurs with 25pfs videos but the solution provided here:

dit not help.

Hopefully we can find a solution.

Does it only happen with Videos encoded with XVID?

No, here is an other video file (not xvid):
https://paste.osmc.tv/karoruhiwu.rib

Your logs show Adjust display refresh rate: Off. Please set this to On start/stop. Also, you have the GUI set to 2160P. It should always be set at 1080P. Once you change those settings, try again and post a new log if the problem continues.

Solved! Thank you so much, should have asked this a long time ago.

It seems that setting the GUI to 2160p prevents the ā€˜adjust display refresh rateā€™ to work. Both settings were important.

Again, thank you so much!

1 Like

No problem. You can also play with the ā€˜Whitelistā€™ settings to fine tune how resolutions are switched. But if you are happy with how itā€™s working now, itā€™s probably best to leave it alone.

FYI ā€˜adjust refresh rateā€™ without whitelist will go to a higher resolution but not a lower one. By setting the GUI to 2160p it forced the Vero to output everything at that resolution. Iā€™m sure it was adjusting the frame rate just fine, but at 2160p.

Yes, right now Iā€™m happy as it is :slight_smile:

I tested it again, when I only set the resolution back to 2160p (while keeping the ā€˜ajust display refresh rateā€™ set to ā€˜on start/stopā€™), stuttering is back.

You misunderstand what I was saying. Your issue was stuttering with videos that were being forced to upsample to 2160p and the Vero not being quite up to that task. I was simply trying to correct your understanding of the issue. Setting the UI to 1080p does not change how the ā€˜adjust refresh rateā€™ works, it simply lowers how much files are upscaled.