Stuttering video

Ironically problem seems to be sorted.

Tried a file on a usb connected to the unit, still stuttered, so got ready to get a log. Installed the log uploader, enabled debugging, restarted Vero, opened the usb file if just tried… Nothing. No stuttering at all. Oh. Then tried a file from my network drives that I’d checked literally dozens of times before and had stuttered every time. Nothing. Again, no stuttering.

Would seem my vero’s osmc is at one with progressive society and identifies as Windows, so a simple reboot fixed the issue.

Watched quite a few x265 files since with no issues.

So for me, it’s fixed at the moment.

1 Like

26 posts were split to a new topic: Gopro Hero 6, Stuttering Video

Dear Sam,

I have only a issue with the movie Lucy (2014) in UHD. It has an overall bitrate of 85,9 MBit/s. It comes to stuttering and hanging. ALL other 4K movies in HEVC (untouched rips) work fine. Is there a possibility to extend the buffer? I have NFS mounted Synology Server drive with fstab.

Again: all other with a lower bitrate (around 60 MBit/s) work fine.

Cheers, Marc

First thing to test: does it work OK from local storage / USB?

Sam

Just for information… it´s not a general problem with this movie, have seen it in April without any issues!

I copied the film on an USB stick and will test asap. Cheers, Marc

So, i played the movie from a USB stick. It works fine without any drops or stuttering. It seems to be a network (bandwidth) issue. Any tips?

Cheers, Marc

How are you connected (wifi/wired)?
How are you accessing the server?

Vero 4K is connected via LAN. As I wrote:

Sorry didn’t read enough back on the threads.
While we would assume the network being stable enough I might still suggest to test the throughput with iperf3 for 5 minutes. On Vero you install it with sudo apt-get install iperf3 for synology check via google.

Or switch to an USB to GB LAN adapter… for me this solved all stuttering problems…

Hi Mike,

Yesterday I just ordered one. Hope this will solve…

Thx, Marc

So, yesterday I tested the gigabit stick with a.m. Movie. Works absolutely smooth. Also jellyfish demo with 120Mbps works perfect.

I am happy and looking forward to high Bitrate movies.

Cheers, Marc.

1 Like

Dear Sam,

I know this is an old thread but…

In February this year, I received 2x Vero 4k+, which replaced my older Vero 2.
I noticed the stuttering as well on the new devices, which was not the case with the Vero 2.
I decided to wait for the kodi 18 update, hoping this would solve the issue, which was not the case.

Adjust Refresh Rate enabled or sync frame rate did not help.
My media is stored on portable hard drives, Buffering is not an issue I think because it may happen with media files of smaller bit rate than those where it does not happen (8600 kb/s).

I managed to capture the stuttering with my smart phone, not sure to where i should upload for you (if you want to see this).

Hopefully this can be fixed.

[edit]
Solved here: Stuttering video 2 - #4 by bmillham

Please start a new post with logs. This thread is over a year old