I’ve spun this off from my general ‘Vero 2 Initial Feedback’ thread, but with Vero 2 I’m finding that some video files display a static noise image for a small number of frames at the when playback starts, and when playback ends (i.e.: pressing stop on the Vero 2 remote).
I’ve uploaded logs for a test to http://paste.osmc.io/ucufumigim.coffee
In this case, I’ve tested with the following - ‘WORKING’ indicates that no visual glitch was apparent on startup/stop of the video in question. ‘GLITCH’… well, that’s obvious, hopefully. After each filename is the video information from ffmpeg contained within the provided log.
(WORKING) ‘bb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_normal.mp4’ (from Kodi test files)
Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 2998 kb/s, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 30k tbn, 60 tbc (default)
(WORKING) ‘big_buck_bunny_480p_surround-fix.avi’ (from Kodi test files)
Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Simple Profile) (FMP4 / 0x34504D46), yuv420p, 854x480 [SAR 1:1 DAR 427:240], 2500 kb/s, 24 fps, 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc
Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1280x640 [SAR 1:1 DAR 2:1], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1280x528, SAR 1:1 DAR 80:33, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 720x304 [SAR 1:1 DAR 45:19], 1228 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 23.98 tbc
I’ve created a small video of the effect on stopping the ‘test_sic.mv’ video above, which is available at http://sendvid.com/u11xj59c. This was created on an iPhone using slow motion video recording, hence the fragment of video looking particularly slow. I felt it would be more useful for analysis… notice how the frame buffer does not completely contain the ‘static’/‘glitched’ data I’m reporting - it takes a few more frames for the entire frame buffer to be filled with this type of data. Then, the screen goes black and (not pictured) it transitions back to the OSMC UI. Note that in real terms, this sequence (with the static data) lasts only a small fraction of a second - the black->OSMC UI transition takes approximately 1 second with the video being tested.
I didn’t experience this visual artefact on Vero 1 (on the ‘test_sic’/‘test_sj’ data, or on other files in my possession). I am seeing this on the bulk of the H264 videos I have tested that are in HD (720p/1080p) (in MKV containers).
I hope this is useful in some way. If you need further information, please let me know.