<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup">true</setting>

and change it to:

<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup">false</setting>

save the file, and restart Kodi:

sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Should get you running again.

Thanks Brian, that did the trick!!

With that said, coming back to your other suggestion:

This would imply to connect my FireStick 4k to a non-4k connector, which doesnā€™t make sense to me. It would be great to connect my two 4k devices (Vero 4k and Firestick 4k) to the 4k connectors and my two non-4k devices (the soundsystem and the WII) to the non-4k connectors, respectively.

Iā€™m not sure whether itā€™s the TV setā€¦ everyting is fine as long as I do not connect the Vero 4k.

M

From the manual:

But once you have
connected the Home Theatre System, the TV can
only send the ARC signal to this HDMI connection.

Iā€™m wondering if the TV is getting confused as which connection is the AVR.

but isnā€™t this how it is supposed to work? I have one HTS connected to my TV and the TV is supposed to send the ARC signal to the HTSā€¦ which it does as long as the Vero isnā€™t connected. Therefore, coming back to my original statement:

I donā€™t understand why the Vero 4k is interfering even though Iā€™m not even watching anything on the Vero (it just is connected to the TV)?

M

I was quoting from the manual. Thatā€™s an unusual way to support ARC. Most TVs have a dedicated ARC port.

Have you tried disconnecting other devices? It could be an odd interaction between the Vero and another device.

Thanks Brian.

Iā€™m currently quite busy and cannot perform tests right now (too much work and thereā€™s the family, too). I reconnected the Vero yesterday evening and experienced no problems yesterday night. will report any changes and if swapping channels does change anything.

Best, M

Hello, just dropping in because I noticed that thread.
I reported this problem last year but I gave up since I donā€™t have time to mess around with command lines, my free time is short.
I confirm everything that Markus said and even more since i have now 2 other AVR and 2 other TV, that problem remains on each set. So itā€™s not brand related.
Only fix is to unplug hdmi cable from Vero4K and reboot TV if necessary to get avr detected back.
I wanted a 2nd vero4k but iā€™m holding off due to that mainly and due to lack of visibility concerning next hardware releases in general.

The 4K + is less than a year old. Itā€™s not being replaced any time soon.

Sam

I for one am happy to hear that there (apparently) wonā€™t be a new model every year.

Hi,

I have been having the same issue that ARC does not return when using Vero. I have an Onkyo avr and an LG b7. The only way I can get ARc back is to power down Vero and unplug hdmi lead, as others have suggested. CEC adapter is off in Kodi settings. Is a fix being looked at for this as itā€™s a major annoyance?

Ta

I canā€™t reproduce this here and never received any logs to look in to the issue unfortunately.

Sam

Itā€™s maybe worth mentioning that this only started to occur after a recent lg fw update. That being said the fix is as above.

Is something that I can attempt to log and will be visible to you?

By this ā€“ do you mean that the current solution is only to unplug the HDMI lead?

Sam

@pinn73, I have an LG C8 OLED with the latest firmware and Iā€™m not experiencing any ARC issues.
I had issues at one point when I first got my Vero but found that if I set the Vero to send a power off to the TV when itā€™s screensaver kicks in I know longer have any CEC/ARC issues.
My Vero goes into my soundbar, not directly to the TV.
So if I finish watching something on the Vero, after a minute of idle (thatā€™s what I set it to, it shuts down the sound bar and TV.
If I press any button on the remote, the Vero wakes up my soundbar and TV.
After it has shut down, if I turn on the TV with the TV remote (letā€™s say to watch Netflix or something), the soundbar wakes up and with a little delay the Vero does as well.
Sometimes if I turn the TV on and switch to a different HDMI or go to an app, when the Vero wakes up it switches my TV to itā€™s HDMI, which is actually the soundbars HDMI plugged into HDMI1 (ARC).
No big deal, switch the HDMI or launch the app again and everything works.
Iā€™ve learned to just turn on my TV and wait for the Vero to wake up and display itā€™s home menu before I switch HDMI inputs or launch an app.
Not sure if any of that helps you, but maybe it will give you an idea of things to try.
CEC and ARC can be pretty finicky and sometimes just a complete power cylcle of everything is the only fix.

Thanks for the input but this unfortunately wouldnā€™t work for me as I need the device to be on 24/7.

Yes.

@pinn73: Have you checked that the AVR is just muted?
My Sony AVR is doing this starting AVR and TV with a Vero (CEC deactivated) connected. As far as I understood this is some confusing protection feature if one side of the ARC/eARC is not up fast enough to prevent speaker damage.

Took me serveral days do understand this issue since the AVRā€™s display is hidden to me behind a cabinet door; I even operated the devices with an optical connection for some days since I thought of an CEC-ARC/eARC incompatibility issue between the Sony AVR and Panasonic TV.

No, not that. When I go through set up in my avr, it wonā€™t even recognise an ARC device.