Vero 4k+ output detected as 2.1, not 5.1

Was that before you edited guisettings? I think I may see what’s happening. But try the guisettings changes I suggested and see if that works for you. If it does, look at the audio screen again and see if passththrough is now available.

1 Like

That was after. Still not available. I’m getting lost here though, is this supposed to just downmix the 5.1 audio of the file to 2.1 to allow me to hear stuff, or are we still attempting to make the receiver recognize 5.1 output from the Vero? I’m having trouble keeping this all straight.

That’s to turn passthrough on so you should get 5.1 on the amp.

Did you change all of the settings to what I suggested?

Please post new logs, but do it via SSH like this:

grab-logs -G -g

and paste the URL here.

1 Like

No luck. Option still not there and no 5.1 at the receiver after changing channels back to 5.1 after ssh change.

Unless anyone has any other magic bullets, I suppose I will try HDMI direct to the receiver and see if the 5.1 comes through that was and see if/how the CEC works. I will update with results.

Channels MUST be set to 2.0, not 5.1! Please use the grab-logs command I gave you so I can see the settings.

1 Like

Do I set stereo upmix to on or off?

I think it should be off. If you changed the settings to what I suggested that would be the setting now.

1 Like

https://paste.osmc.tv/coputodura

I just pulled them up and saw that passthrough had defaulted back to no after I had written the settings you suggested in your post. Opened it again in SSH and sure enough they were back to false.

Did you stop Kodi before making the changes?

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
1 Like

Yessir.

Last thing I can think of to try would be to start with a fresh guisettings configuration. First just try a new guisettings. Stop Kodi (mediacenter) and backup the guisettings:

mv .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml.save1
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

See of that helps. If it doesn’t, then start with a complete fresh config:

mv .kodi .kodi.save
sudo systemctl start mediacenter
1 Like

Also during the testing, please stop switching skins! It looks like you were on the Silvo skin when you posted the logs.

1 Like

Sorry, about that!

I have good news though, after I switched back to OSMC the audio passthrough options were finally listed! All were disabled, but I enabled pretty much everything, retried the movie and BOOM! 5.1!!! Wahoo! The options were even still there after swapping back to Silvo!

The only question left is if I can make stereo stuff upmix to 5.1. I’m afraid to change anything from where I have it (2.0 and no stereo upmix as you specified).

Thanks everyone for figuring this out. Making a backup copy of the whole Kodi folder as I type this.

That should be a function of your AVR. Look for a setting like “Dolby ProLogic IIx”.

1 Like

Most good amps have a setting to mimic 5.1. That’s what I use.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can figure that out. I’d love to not have to mess with this house of cards we’ve constructed. Hehe.

Thanks everyone for all the amazing help!!

Was able to make the Denon upmix to 5.1 whenever it gets stereo via the Movie option for Sound Mode.

This is exactly what I wanted!

I know the audio quality is probably diminished overall, but this is a huge improvement over what it was doing before.

Thanks again, everyone.

As for why those options needed to essentially be “woken up”, I’m perplexed.

Because not everyone has an AVR to decode audio.

1 Like

But even when on Expert the options didn’t even display (see screenshot above). I had to modify the xml via SSH to get them to even appear. Bizarre!

Yes, on that count, we are equally perplexed. It’s something that I don’t think any of the support staff have seen ever, and most of us have been around here for years… Very odd…