Vero 4K + shipment details (08/08/18)

Order #19264 from 30th of July to Denmark.
Shipped 2018-19-13, received 2018-09-17
5 days including weekend - very acceptable.

2 Likes

Good stuff, I purchased on the 14th.
My poor Pi is slowly dying, not long to hold on now little fellaā€¦just hope it can handle the Champions League hammering itā€™ll get over the next few days.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a Pi too and I just want to play 4k stuff now! Apart from that the Pi has been perfect for what I need it for. :+1:

1 Like

We will finish all orders within 10 days.

3 Likes

Great news!
Youā€™re a miracle worker :wink:

I just placed my order right now. Sorry for delaying more the orders :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The 4th of August for me. That would be sweet by The Weeknd ļæ¼:ok_hand:

1 Like

It may not be the pi itself it could be a bad or old or getting old micro SD card.

Its definitely the SD card, but the 4k+ will replace the Pi when it gets here.

1 Like

I hear youā€¦ Currently right now I have a 1080p TV but I believe that will be changing here pretty soon itā€™s funny you buy something thatā€™s roughly $100 and now all of a sudden you want to spend $500+ to get the full effect of that hundred-dollar unit lol

Hahaha!

4K itself is pretty much a con: unless your screen size is substantially bigger than 65", or your 1080p source is quite poor quality, the difference between 4K and 1080p is not perceptible.

But, if done well, HDR and WCG can make a huge difference, so go for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Received today, shipped on monday (17.09), that is a speed. Order from August 7, Croatia.

1 Like

@damir.matacin Order from August 6th, shipped on Monday (17/09) and delivered to SW London this morning. Whoever is delivering to Croatia is doing a pretty good job there!

1 Like

I read about that I have a pretty good 1080p Sony. From what Iā€™ve seen from tech-savvy Geeks there isnā€™t really a big difference most of it is all advertisement that the human eye cannot distinguish the difference some people swear they can but from what Iā€™ve heard itā€™s all in their head my father has a 4K TV and if he plays a Blu-ray or a 4K quality video it looks pretty much the same as my 1080p. so youā€™re saying unless itā€™s bigger than 65" thereā€™s really no use to upgrade. I canā€™t put 65" on my wall the biggest I was going to go was 55" I donā€™t have enough real estate for her a 65" or bigger. I heard rumors of an 8K coming out soon how are they going to promote that lol.

I didnā€™t exactly say that. :slight_smile:
If you get a TV that does a good job of HDR (High Dynamic Range), thatā€™s a big upgrade over SDR. And similarly, if it can handle the extended colour gamut that rec.2020/HDR videos use, thatā€™s a perceptible upgrade.

Itā€™s also the case that a so-so quality 4K stream can look better than a poor-quality 1080p stream. On Netflix, for example, their ā€œ4K Ultra HDā€ videos look perceptibly better than their ā€œHDā€ videos; but if you were comparing the 4K version against a 1080p blu ray, I doubt youā€™d see any difference, unless either you have a very large screen or youā€™re sitting extremely close.

If you want a TV that can handle HDR or Wide Colour Gamut, then itā€™ll have to be 4K; and obviously you need a 4K TV to watch 4K stuff on Netflix too.

2 Likes

This are great news :slight_smile: I just placed my order.

thank you for the input. :smile:

I have a 55 inch LG 4K TV and I can definitely see a difference between 1080p and 4K HDR but maybe because I know what Iā€™m looking for? Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between a good 720p video and 1080p.

Ordered on 6th of August. Delivered today. Germany.